file Repo man and whether or not other Methuselah see the library during search

03 Aug 2019 00:35 #96100 by Snodig

Not sure what sort of people you play with, but I have to believe my players won't actively cheat.

And they never make mistakes either?

They certainly do, but mistakes are much easier to forgive. One can only hope they don’t do it again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2019 06:27 - 03 Aug 2019 07:01 #96101 by Kraus

Okay, enough making fun of your comment. (Thanks for indulging me).

And thank you for never doing this again.

You have had a recurring trend of knee-jerk reacting in this manner, and never has it been appreciated.

Use the best of your manners, respect others and take a moment to think before you post.

But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

Name-calling
• Ad hominem attacks
• Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
• Knee-jerk contradiction

These are all the parts you should re-evaluate in your posting when you decide on that tone.

The recurring nature of this sort of posting has now resulted in a warning.

Yours,
Moderation

You may now resume to the topic of card retrieval and possible issues.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 03 Aug 2019 07:01 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, TwoRazorReign

More
04 Aug 2019 14:42 - 04 Aug 2019 14:44 #96128 by Bloodartist

Shouldn't the first problem fixed be Govern the Unaligned at superior? If one never influences out the target card, there's no way to know if the vampire is younger. Bloat all day, no one would know.

There is a similar issue in Magic the gathering and its worth nothing how it has been solved. Some magic cards have the ability "morph". This means that the card can be played face down for 3 generic mana, and is functionally a 2/2 colorless creature, which can be turned face-up by paying its morph cost.

Playing a card face down is only legal if the card actually has morph, but at a glance it might be possible to cheat by playing a non-morph card face down and never turn it up. How this is solved in magic rules is that players are required to show the un-turned morph card to the opponent after the game, to prove that they were not cheating and that the card actually has morph.

Perhaps same could be applied to VTES and superior governs (and similar action cards that require younger). Require players to show the vampire to opponent after the game to prove that it was in fact a younger vampire. This should be very simple and elegant solution. Many players might already do this, but you should add it to tournament rules imo.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 14:44 by Bloodartist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
05 Aug 2019 05:55 - 05 Aug 2019 05:55 #96143 by Kushiel
We've already got rules in place for this: if you think someone's cheating via hidden information, you can call a judge to have them check that they're not.
Last edit: 05 Aug 2019 05:55 by Kushiel.

More
05 Aug 2019 10:35 #96153 by TwoRazorReign

We've already got rules in place for this: if you think someone's cheating via hidden information, you can call a judge to have them check that they're not.

Well, I mean, that's a tournament rule. What if it happens in casual play? Granted, I've never had any cheating issues happen in VTES because I simply don't play it often, but I've come across cheating of this sort many times in other games. I'd really like to avoid a situation after the game where it's like "show me the card" and the person is like "no."

More
05 Aug 2019 17:11 #96166 by Lönkka

What if it happens in casual play?

If they've cheated, or refuse to show the card (or even the capacity hiding everything else under the palm/another card), you flip the table in a rage.

"We don't like THAT kind of game play around this neck of woods, pardner! So anyone caught red handed involved in foul play will be tarred and feathered" (aka. "Saunan takana on aina tilaa..." aka "kokeillaanpa Pohjalaasta issepuolustosmuotoa eli sakiinhivutusta")

Or you can just quit playing with such people who are causing such suspicions. Especially during _casual_ play...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loughman

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds