file Cards in play after owner is ousted

18 Aug 2019 06:46 - 18 Aug 2019 06:52 #96322 by Malachy
Greetings Meths!

I'd like to refresh my knowledge on card types that stay in play after their owner has been ousted. If I recall correctly, master cards are controlled by the Methuselah who played them, such as Fame or Haven Uncovered , even if you put them on other players' minions, unless it specifically stated otherwise like for an Event called Scourge Of The Enochians .

A ) Are master cards gone, when their controller is gone with no regard who had played them (stuff like PB: Montreal , The Coven , Curse Of Noticris which are specifically stating the card changes controller) ?

Action cards. "Put in play" and/or "Put this card on X/Y" stuff. That includes political cards, like Year Of Fortune . To my understanding, "Put in play cards that you play for yourself are gone, when their controller is gone, for example Army Of Rats , Aranthebes , etc... that is pretty straightforward.

B ) How about Action cards (equipment, retainers, allies, political) that are to be put on another player's cards? Are they assuming control over them (for example Blood Hunt , Ilomba , Incriminating Videotape , Persona Non Grata )?

NC of Hungary

///
Last edit: 18 Aug 2019 06:52 by Malachy. Reason: Bad links, context mismatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2019 12:57 #96328 by jamesatzephyr

I'd like to refresh my knowledge on card types that stay in play after their owner has been ousted.

Anything controlled by the ousted player goes.

By default:
- master cards are controlled by the player who played them,
- event cards are controlled by the player who played them,
- minion cards that are just put in play (e.g. Army of Rats) are controlled by the player who played them,
- minion cards that are on a minion are controlled by the player whose minion they are on.

All of these defaults can be changed by card text, such as someone being able to steal or take control of a master card, or "you still control this card" on a minion card, and so on.

Also, Malkavian Time Auction allows for some nutty things. Do not play it. Set fire to anyone who plays it.

A ) Are master cards gone, when their controller is gone with no regard who had played them (stuff like PB: Montreal , The Coven , Curse Of Noticris which are specifically stating the card changes controller) ?

If the controller is ousted, who originally played it doesn't matter - the card goes.

B ) How about Action cards (equipment, retainers, allies, political) that are to be put on another player's cards? Are they assuming control over them (for example Blood Hunt , Ilomba , Incriminating Videotape , Persona Non Grata )?[/b]

By default, controlled by the player whose minion it is on. Unless card text changes that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds