file Question about Piper and allies that require disciplines

22 Aug 2019 20:35 #96485 by mjvtes521
This just came up in a Lackey game and I can't find any ruling on Google or on vekn (though I did read extrala's blogpost about Piper here: vtesone.wordpress.com/2008/09/07/vtes-rules-piper-qa/)

If your anarch with ANI plays Piper to recruit an Underbridge Stray, does it have to default to basic or can it be recruited at Superior (to get 1 strength and 2 life in this case)? Section 6.1.5 of the rulebook says, "If recruiting the ally requires a Discipline and the ally is put into play by some means other than recruiting, use the normal version of the ally, if it is different than the superior," but Piper doesn't say put in play, it says recruit the ally, so I think you could Piper the doggie at Superior. Card texts:

Piper
Cardtype: Master
Master. Requires a ready anarch.
A ready unlocked anarch you control employs or recruits a retainer or ally from your hand (requirements and cost apply as normal). This is not an action and cannot be blocked. Lock that anarch.

Underbridge Stray
[LotN:U, HttB:PSam]
Cardtype: Ally
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Animalism
Animal with 1 life. 0 strength, 0 bleed.
[ani] The Stray may burn 1 life to give a minion you control a press. During a (D) action directed at you, you may burn the Stray to unlock a ready minion you control (not usable if the Stray is blocking).
[ANI] As above, but the Stray has 2 life and 1 strength.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 20:46 #96486 by drnlmza

If your anarch with ANI plays Piper to recruit an Underbridge Stray, does it have to default to basic or can it be recruited at Superior (to get 1 strength and 2 life in this case)? Section 6.1.5 of the rulebook says, "If recruiting the ally requires a Discipline and the ally is put into play by some means other than recruiting, use the normal version of the ally, if it is different than the superior," but Piper doesn't say put in play, it says recruit the ally, so I think you could Piper the doggie at Superior.

It works as you think it does.

Relevant r.g.t.j reference

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds