file Golconda on a Merged Vampire

27 Aug 2019 21:17 - 27 Aug 2019 21:25 #96595 by XZealot
I have a merged vampire. I play Golconda on that merged vampire.

Remove a vampire with capacity 8 or more from the game. His or her controller gains pool equal to the vampire's capacity. His or her controller can burn 2 pool to cancel this card as it is played.

Which copy of the vampire is removed from play? Which one is burned?
Last edit: 27 Aug 2019 21:25 by XZealot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2019 21:43 #96596 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Golconda on a Merged Vampire
". The two cards effectively merge to form a single vampire"

So both cards are removed from the game.

More
29 Aug 2019 02:54 #96623 by XZealot
Is that the official ruling?

More
29 Aug 2019 07:00 #96624 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Golconda on a Merged Vampire
Well. My quote is from the rulebook.

But I could misunderstand something here as english is not my mother tongue.

More
29 Aug 2019 14:12 #96636 by Kilrauko

Is that the official ruling?

I'm not official in any capability but Timo is correct with his answer. Below are the parts dealing with this in rulebook at length with highlights.

The Full text is covered in www.vekn.net/rulebook#1.5.overviewofcryptcards at 1.5.6 and below it as follows;

The advancement card is a vampire card in all respects, so it can be influenced in the normal manner. In addition, if you already control the advancement or the associated regular "base" vampire and the other version of the vampire is in your uncontrolled region, then you can spend 4 transfers and 1 pool to move the vampire card from your uncontrolled region to the controlled vampire card (place the advancement card on top of the base card). The two cards effectively merge to form a single vampire.

The particulars of this merge are as follows. The counters and cards on the vampire remain. The advancement and the base card are treated as a single vampire card, even if sent to the uncontrolled region somehow, until the vampire is burned. Any effects in play that targeted the vampire now target the merged version.

When merged, the text on the base card still applies, but the rest of the card is ignored (capacity, Disciplines, etc.). The advancement card applies in full. If the advancement card with the base card (a different sect, for example), the advancement card has precedence. Some merged cards have an additional effect that only applies if the card is merged with its base card. Such an effect is identified in the card text by a "merged" icon.

The advanced vampire (merged or not) will contest other copies of the same vampire (advanced or not) in play, as usual.

"The advancement and the base card are treated as a single vampire card, even if sent to the uncontrolled region somehow, until the vampire is burned. "

Name: Golconda: Inner Peace
[Jyhad:R, VTES:R, CE:R, Third:PTr, KoT:R/PV]
Cardtype: Master
Master.
Choose a vampire with a capacity 8 or more. Remove that vampire from the game. His or her controller gains pool equal to the vampire's capacity. His or her controller may cancel this card as it is played by burning 2 pool.
Artist: Kaja Foglio; James Stowe

Golconda is played, it targets the merged vampire that is base vampire & advancement card. They are single vampire card for effects. Methuselah controlling the target vampire chooses not to cancel Golconda: Inner Peace and target vampire is removed from the game.

...Sometimes, an instruction may say to remove a card from the game. While some cards and effects can retrieve cards from the ash heap, cards that are removed from the game cannot be retrieved or affected in any way. When a card is burned or removed from the game, any counters or other cards on it are burned.

Remove from the game is different from burn and so "The advancement and the base card are treated as a single vampire card...until the vampire is burned" condition stays active.

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds