file Wooden Stake + Cleave

16 Sep 2019 07:45 #97000 by Palamedes
I make a deck of pile of junk cards that have never been played. I'm trying to make thematical and funny (at least for someone), but still playable and viable deck for casual play. In this regard, I wonder if the following situation is correct:

An Imbued equipped with Wooden Stake got into a fight with a locked vampire.
1. No maneuver;
2. Imbued is acting and strikes for 1 with Wooden Stake.
3. Vampire strikes for 1 with hands.
4. Before strikes resolve Imbued plays Cleave to boost Wooden Stake with +1 dmg. (Is this possible at this time?)
5. No dmg prevent.
6. Wooden Stake is transferred to the vampire and he goes to torpor. At the end of the action Cleave burns Wooden Stake but the vampire still doesn't unlock as normal during the unlock phase as long as he remains in torpor. (Is this correct?)

Cards:
Warning: Spoiler!

By the way, this is the deck list:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2019 08:09 - 16 Sep 2019 08:13 #97001 by Tadori
Replied by Tadori on topic Wooden Stake + Cleave

I make a deck of pile of junk cards that have never been played. I'm trying to make thematical and funny (at least for someone), but still playable and viable deck for casual play. In this regard, I wonder if the following situation is correct:

An Imbued equipped with Wooden Stake got into a fight with a locked vampire.
1. No maneuver;
2. Imbued is acting and strikes for 1 with Wooden Stake.
3. Vampire strikes for 1 with hands.
4. Before strikes resolve Imbued plays Cleave to boost Wooden Stake with +1 dmg. (Is this possible at this time?)
5. No dmg prevent.
6. Wooden Stake is transferred to the vampire and he goes to torpor. At the end of the action Cleave burns Wooden Stake but the vampire still doesn't unlock as normal during the unlock phase as long as he remains in torpor. (Is this correct?)

Cards:

4.Yes
6.Yes

I have other question regarding Cleave. I think the text of this cards should say "this combat" and not "this action". Because if there is an action in progress there is no combat and If block occurred the action ended(failed). So right now it works only on enter combat actions that are not blocked. Is this intended ?
Last edit: 16 Sep 2019 08:13 by Tadori.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

More
16 Sep 2019 10:26 - 16 Sep 2019 10:27 #97003 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Wooden Stake + Cleave
Action only ends after the action including all combats has been resolved, otherwise you could never play freak drive at superior. Cleaves text as it is now gives you the bonus for all combats during the action, e.g. if opposing vampire plays superior psyche or superior form of mist (and you manage to block again).
Last edit: 16 Sep 2019 10:27 by Whisker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel, Tadori

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds