file Anu Diptinatpa and Justicar Retribution

17 Sep 2019 06:48 #97020 by Ankha

I'm sure the question has been asked and answered, but I can't find it, so I'm asking again.

1. Can I use Anu Diptinatpa's special ability during a Justicar Retribution referendum to cause a vampire (who would otherwise have only a 2 bleed) to burn?

No. It's not a bleed action.

2. If no to number 1, could I do it during the action to call the vote, before it becomes a referendum?

No, same reason.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam, Tadori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2019 07:20 #97021 by Tadori

I'm sure the question has been asked and answered, but I can't find it, so I'm asking again.

1. Can I use Anu Diptinatpa's special ability during a Justicar Retribution referendum to cause a vampire (who would otherwise have only a 2 bleed) to burn?

No. It's not a bleed action.

2. If no to number 1, could I do it during the action to call the vote, before it becomes a referendum?

No, same reason.

Can we put this info in Card Rulings section, because its not obvious. Anu doesn't modify the action but a minion itself so standard rule doesn't apply to her

More
17 Sep 2019 16:34 #97027 by Hakuron

[...]
Can we put this info in Card Rulings section, because its not obvious. Anu doesn't modify the action but a minion itself so standard rule doesn't apply to her

It seems more intuitive to me to change/modify Anu's card text.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel, Lech

More
18 Sep 2019 10:38 - 18 Sep 2019 10:44 #97032 by Bloodartist

No.

[LSJ 20020106

Can't modify a bleed that doesn't exist.

My issue is the wording on Anu, which says "give a minion +1 bleed", not "bleed is at +1 bleed".

I'm fine with the ruling, but once again VTES cards use very ambiguous wordings.

EDIT: I would ALSO be fine with a ruling that bleed amount is an ability of the minion, since we already have plenty vampires who have inherent +x bleed... It would be slightly more intuitive imo.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 18 Sep 2019 10:44 by Bloodartist.

More
18 Sep 2019 17:25 - 18 Sep 2019 17:30 #97033 by Ankha

No.

[LSJ 20020106

Can't modify a bleed that doesn't exist.

My issue is the wording on Anu, which says "give a minion +1 bleed", not "bleed is at +1 bleed".

The thing that matters is that Anu gives the bonus "during an action" which is temporary.

"during an action" bleed can only be given to the acting minion during a bleed action.
"during an action" stealth can only be given to the acting minion during an action when stealth is needed.
"during an action" intercept can only be given to a blocking minion during an action when intercept is needed.

Anyway, we'll make Anu's text clearer: "During a bleed action, Anu can burn 1 blood to give the acting minion +1 bleed."

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 18 Sep 2019 17:30 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Killiam, Tadori

More
18 Sep 2019 17:44 #97034 by Kraus
Awesome. I can see this popping up in the future when new people start doing card - math - magic.

Will we see the new wording in subsequent print runs of Heirs bundles?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds