file Suspension of Disbelief, Red Herring, Bleed?

01 Oct 2019 17:13 #97184 by redwulfe
I am in a game and I play Suspension of Dibelief with one of my Vampires. The prey attempts to block and I play Red Herring to lock the blocker and take Suspension of Disbelief back into my hand, unlocking the acting Vampire. Can that Vampire attempt to perform the default Bleed Action? The action and combat was cancelled, so did the action reach resolution (since the combat was cancelled) and therfore prevent that same vampire form attempting another bleed?

Suspension of Dibelief
chi: (D) Bleed at +1 bleed.
CHI: As above, and minion cards that reduce the bleed or change its target cost 1 additional blood or life.

Red Herring
chi: Only usable when this acting vampire is blocked. Unlock the acting vampire, do not lock the blocking minion, and cancel the current action and combat. Take the card played to perform the action (if any) back into your hand. Your vampires cannot attempt the same action again this turn. Discard down to your hand size.
CHI: As above, but lock the blocking minion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2019 17:45 #97185 by beslin igor
If is canceled then you probably can. I want to add here so if you can bleed,then if you play politicas action and during action you play Red Herring so you can play another politicas action.
Can director or someone from RTR confirm if both bleed and politicas posible?
The following user(s) said Thank You: redwulfe

More
01 Oct 2019 18:33 #97188 by kschaefer

I am in a game and I play Suspension of Dibelief with one of my Vampires. The prey attempts to block and I play Red Herring to lock the blocker and take Suspension of Disbelief back into my hand, unlocking the acting Vampire. Can that Vampire attempt to perform the default Bleed Action? The action and combat was cancelled, so did the action reach resolution (since the combat was cancelled) and therfore prevent that same vampire form attempting another bleed?

No. "Only usable when this acting vampire is blocked." Means the action reached resolution. Vampires are prohibited from performing more than one bleed action in a turn. The minion becomes prohibited from future actions, after the first action that reaches action resolution.

More
02 Oct 2019 06:50 #97201 by Snodig
groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/qKrJPLXBFFw/hE5z511E_PgJ addresses this sort of issue, including Red Herring.
"The action reached resolution in order for Psychomachia [or Red Herring] to be played. Therefore the minion cannot repeat the action.” -LSJ

More
03 Oct 2019 02:13 #97217 by Boris The Blade
Looks like Red Herring needs an errata then. Cancelling an action has a very specific meaning, precisely because it impacts the NRA. In that case, the proper wording should be "End the action".

More
03 Oct 2019 03:55 #97218 by redwulfe

Looks like Red Herring needs an errata then. Cancelling an action has a very specific meaning, precisely because it impacts the NRA. In that case, the proper wording should be "End the action".

With that errata they could probably take out the "Your vampires cannot attempt the same action again this turn." wording as well since it would be clearer that NRA applies.

They could condence the wording at that point to:

"Only usable when this acting vampire is blocked. End the action and combat, Unlock the acting vampire, and do not lock the blocking minion. Take the card played to perform the action (if any) back into your hand. Discard down to your hand size."

This seems more clear to me that NRA applies since the cancel wording has been removed and the text that tells you that the card is not repeatable which is why I questioned if it was an exception to NRA or not since it specifically called out the card.

Maybe in the next round of errata.

I still think they do a great job at fixing the wording as they go along.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds