file Flesh of Marble and aggravated damage

04 Oct 2019 13:33 #97238 by Mewcat
I'm just reading the card and the rules document that the rules director recognizes. It doesnt say WOULD be inflicted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2019 16:13 #97239 by Bloodartist
I'l just leave the rest to Ankha/Vincent...

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
04 Oct 2019 22:00 #97242 by Ankha
What is the question?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
04 Oct 2019 22:48 #97243 by Bloodartist

What is the question?

If both normal and aggravated damage is dealt to a vampire who has played Flesh of marble at superior, can they choose which 1 point of damage they take for the flesh to do its preventing?

Can you also explain how damage prevention step works with flesh of marble, since Mewcat seems to have some confusion about it?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
05 Oct 2019 03:32 #97247 by LivesByProxy
I understand what Mewcat is saying.

The word "suffer" appears in the rulebook twice, both times in an example of play. The word "suffer" is not used in the section about damage prevention. Flesh of Marble is the only card in Amaranth that uses the word "suffer".

And the rules explain in 6.4.6. Damage Resolution:

FIRST, the minion taking damage can play damage prevention cards, which resolve immediately.
2nd, any remaining damage - damage not prevented - is successfully inflicted.
3rd, the vampire must then heal the damage by burning blood, if able. Otherwise the vampire becomes wounded and goes to torpor.

What Mewcat is saying is that the card Flesh of Marble does not follow the rulebook's structure for preventing damage. Flesh of Marble "activates / triggers" during the 2nd step, which is after the 1st - the actual prevent damage step. That's why he's saying "we go back in time" to the prevent damage step.

I think Mewcat is right. Flesh of Marble is entirely it's own thing.

I think we intuitively know how Flesh of Marble is meant to work, but it doesn't work within the structure the rules provide.

But it's also worth pointing out: the rules as written don't allow a window to use prevent damage effects that aren't cards you're playing from hand. For example, Guardian Angel prevents 1 damage each combat, but the rulebook doesn't mention that. It only says "play damage prevention cards". :side: :silly:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
05 Oct 2019 07:12 #97248 by beslin igor

What is the question?

If both normal and aggravated damage is dealt to a vampire who has played Flesh of marble at superior, can they choose which 1 point of damage they take for the flesh to do its preventing?

Can you also explain how damage prevention step works with flesh of marble, since Mewcat seems to have some confusion about it?

And can you explain if vampire play inferior Flesh of marble and take normal and aggr damage how is that resolved

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds