file About bleed modifiers

24 Oct 2019 18:52 #97547 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic About bleed modifiers
The +0 is not an increase and the rulebook is concerned about that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2019 01:15 #97554 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic About bleed modifiers
But not about having 2 limited effects?

More
25 Oct 2019 07:20 - 25 Oct 2019 07:23 #97561 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic About bleed modifiers

But not about having 2 limited effects?

What is a limited effect?

Q: Foreshadowing Destruction says that it is "(limited)". Doesn't it prevent other bleed modifiers from being played?
A: "(limited)" is just a hint to remind players that there is a rule about limits for bleed modifiers in the rulebook. The text has no effect by itself (that is why it is between parenthesis).

You're allowed to play only one source of bleed modifier to increase the bleed. You can play other sources of bleed modifier that don't count against the limit, or that don't increase the bleed.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 25 Oct 2019 07:23 by Ankha.

More
25 Oct 2019 09:54 - 25 Oct 2019 09:55 #97569 by Mewcat
Nevertheless we wind up with 2 bleed modifiers increasing a bleed no matter how we got there.

No more than one action modifier card can be played to increase a bleed during a bleed action.

It's like catch 22 built into the game.

Prolly best to recognize foreshadowing for what it is, a conditional increase.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2019 09:55 by Mewcat.

More
25 Oct 2019 10:51 - 25 Oct 2019 10:58 #97571 by Mewcat
New scenario. Prey at 10. I bleed play superior foreshadowing and stealth. Prey direct intervention on stealth. May I play the conditioning I drew?

Presumably no. It seems we only care if foreshadowing is 'active' when we play the 2nd bleed modifier, not what may have been true in the past or may be true in the future.

P.s.

What if prey at 10, I play conditioning and sup foreshadowing and guy di foreshadowing? Does world explode because he burn 1 pool to cancel as I play but then I couldn't play at all...
Last edit: 25 Oct 2019 10:58 by Mewcat.

More
25 Oct 2019 11:21 - 25 Oct 2019 11:23 #97572 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic About bleed modifiers
If I play both Conditioning and Foreshadowing Destruction while bleeding at a player with 10 pool, and get bounced to a player with less than 10 pool, are both modifiers active; do I get +6 bleed in total from both cards since it was legal to play them at the time?

Same can be replicated with Aching Beauty; I play Foreshadowing and Aire of Elation with a Toreador with Aching Beauty before blocks, and after block (burn pool from block as per card text) the action is continued with Torrent (for example). If the target is now under 10 pool, do both modifier effects kick in?

Name: Aching Beauty
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:U, KoT:U]
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Toreador
Cost: 2 pool
Master.
Put this card on a Toreador. If this Toreador is blocked, the controller of the blocking minion burns 1 pool (before combat occurs, if any).
Artist: Dave Roach & Pete Burges; Chris Stevens

Name: Torrent
[KoT:C/B2]
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 2 blood
Discipline: Celerity
[cel] Additional strike {(limited)}.
[CEL] Strike: combat ends. If this vampire was blocked while performing an action, the action continues as if unblocked.
Artist: John Bridges

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 25 Oct 2019 11:23 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds