file Terror Frenzy (new text)

10 Dec 2019 19:55 #98210 by Charles_Bronson
Hi!

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but i'm asking here just to be safe :)

Terror Frenzy
Frenzy.
[ani] Only usable before range is determined on the first round. During this combat, the opposing minion cannot use maneuvers to maneuver to close range, cannot use presses to continue combat and cannot use equipment.

[ANI] Only usable before range is determined. Combat cards cost the opposing vampire an additional blood this combat. A vampire may play only one Terror Frenzy at superior each combat.

The old text of terror frenzy was "burns blood". So, I remember we allowed vampires with no blood affected by the superior card text to throw combat cards as normal.

The new text means empty vampires cannot play the blood cost therefore they cannot play combat cards (unless they are dragos or have some cost reducing power).

Is that correct?
thanks

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2019 20:37 #98211 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Terror Frenzy (new text)

Hi!

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but i'm asking here just to be safe :)

Terror Frenzy
Frenzy.
[ani] Only usable before range is determined on the first round. During this combat, the opposing minion cannot use maneuvers to maneuver to close range, cannot use presses to continue combat and cannot use equipment.

[ANI] Only usable before range is determined. Combat cards cost the opposing vampire an additional blood this combat. A vampire may play only one Terror Frenzy at superior each combat.

The old text of terror frenzy was "burns blood". So, I remember we allowed vampires with no blood affected by the superior card text to throw combat cards as normal.

The new text means empty vampires cannot play the blood cost therefore they cannot play combat cards (unless they are dragos or have some cost reducing power).

Is that correct?
thanks

The "new" cardtext (rather latest cardtext, since 2007) states the cards cost 1 additional blood. You can't play cards that you can't pay, so an empty vampire cannot pay a card that costs blood.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds