file Mata Hari and Piper

01 Mar 2020 23:22 - 01 Mar 2020 23:23 #99134 by alf
Mata Hari and Piper was created by alf
So with the recent rules change to Anarch being a sect, would Mata Hari be allowed to play Piper to recruit a Nephandus just because of her card text (without being forced to become Anarch)?
[asking for a friend ;) ]
Thanks in advance
Alf
Name: Mata Hari
[KMW:U/PAn]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Ravnos
Group: 4
Capacity: 7
Discipline: aus for qui CHI OBF
Independent. Red List: Mata Hari has 2 votes (titled). You and she may play cards that require a sect and/or clan as if she were of that required sect and/or clan.
Artist: Steve Prescott
Name: Piper
[TR:R]
Cardtype: Master
Master. Requires a ready anarch.
A ready unlocked anarch you control employs or recruits a retainer or ally from your hand (requirements and cost apply as normal). This is not an action and cannot be blocked. Lock that anarch.
Artist: Andrew Trabbold

<INSERT CLEVER QUOTATION HERE>
Last edit: 01 Mar 2020 23:23 by alf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 01:13 #99135 by Nymphetamine
Replied by Nymphetamine on topic Mata Hari and Piper
- Mata Hari's text let's you play cards requiring a sect as if she where of that sect.
- Piper is a card played by you requiring a ready anarch.
- Anarchists are a sect.
- Since Mata Hari is ready and her skill is active, she fulfils the requirement of being a ready anarch exactly as her text says for the purpose of playing that card.

Lingering effects can be tricky, but I think this is pretty straightforward and one of the common uses that Mata Hari is made for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 09:09 - 02 Mar 2020 09:10 #99139 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Mata Hari and Piper

alf wrote: So with the recent rules change to Anarch being a sect, would Mata Hari be allowed to play Piper to recruit a Nephandus just because of her card text (without being forced to become Anarch)?
[asking for a friend ;) ]
Thanks in advance
Alf

She can play Piper, but not in order to recruit a Nephandus since she doesn't play (=from your hand) the Nephandus in that case. Mata Hari only mimicks the clan when "playing" cards.

groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/NKWhBnp7uP4/6_56LlSV658J

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 Mar 2020 09:10 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 10:13 - 02 Mar 2020 10:18 #99140 by alf
Replied by alf on topic Mata Hari and Piper
So the card (eg Nephandus) is not played but also not put into play.
How does it get onto the table? It states it gets recruited ...
Also: VTES One has a FAQ stating otherwise and isn‘t contradicted so far.
vtesone.wordpress.com/2008/09/07/vtes-rules-piper-qa/

Q: If “Mata Hari” is an Anarch, can I use to “Piper” to tap her and recruit an ally requiring a clan, e.g. a “War Ghoul” or “Renegade Garou“?
A: “Piper” requires that the Anarch tapped for the “Piper” fulfill the requirements for recruiting the ally, and “Mata Hari clearly can recruit all those allies requiring a clan.

<INSERT CLEVER QUOTATION HERE>
Last edit: 02 Mar 2020 10:18 by alf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 10:41 - 02 Mar 2020 12:47 #99141 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Mata Hari and Piper

alf wrote: So the card (eg Nephandus) is not played but also not put into play.
How does it get onto the table? It states it gets recruited ...

Exactly, that's why it ends up in play.

Recruiting an ally puts it in play.
Putting an ally in play puts it is play (but the ally is not recruited, so it can act the same turn for instance).
If you play an ally card to recruit that ally, then the ally is recruited and put in play. But there are other ways to recruit allies, such as Piper.

alf wrote: Also: VTES One has a FAQ stating otherwise and isn‘t contradicted so far.
vtesone.wordpress.com/2008/09/07/vtes-rules-piper-qa/

Q: If “Mata Hari” is an Anarch, can I use to “Piper” to tap her and recruit an ally requiring a clan, e.g. a “War Ghoul” or “Renegade Garou“?
A: “Piper” requires that the Anarch tapped for the “Piper” fulfill the requirements for recruiting the ally, and “Mata Hari clearly can recruit all those allies requiring a clan.

It was contradicted by the above links.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 Mar 2020 12:47 by Ankha. Reason: fixed typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2020 11:54 #99143 by alf
Replied by alf on topic Mata Hari and Piper
Thanks, I guess.
:(

<INSERT CLEVER QUOTATION HERE>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum