question-circle Rules for two or three player VTES games?

08 May 2020 16:57 #99787 by lip
Great answers !

I'll add my 2 cents : to play test decks with two players we usually use the following modifications:

- First player gets 2 transfers, second 4.
- Bounces (Deflection, etc.) can be used to bounce a bleed "in the void": edge is gained but no pool is lost.

I would not recommend these modifications to play with new players though >_>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2020 17:46 #99788 by Lönkka
The bounce change is actually pretty nifty!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
09 May 2020 14:29 - 09 May 2020 14:41 #99792 by TwoRazorReign
Yeah, in addition to making sure decks interact well with only 2 players, I also use the following house rules:

--The side taking the first turn gets two transfers, the opposing side then gets three transfers, and then each side gets four transfers thereafter.

--No automatic pool from the Edge. Instead, control of the Edge can be ceded (ie, become uncontrolled) at the start of the turn to gain one pool.

The below house rules are used only if wishing to make certain cards/effects playable:

--Cards and effects that change the target of a bleed instead reduce the bleed amount to one (ie, Deflection/Telepathic Misdirection/Redirection reduces any bleed of 1 or more to exactly 1, which cannot be reduced further). (note: Any cards or effects that cancel cards that change the target of a bleed can be used to cancel cards used in this way).

--Cards or effects that refer to any predator, any prey, and/or one or more other Methuselahs instead refer to the opposing side (for example, Kine Resources Contested, you can allocate 4 points to the opposing side).

--Cards or effects that refer to victory points instead refer to the Edge (ie, Life Boon gives you control of the edge if the opposing side would get the edge).

--Cards or effects that allow a minion to block ignoring normal predator, prey, or target restrictions: When the attempt to block is made, flip a coin. If heads (and there's a successful block), proceed as if the acting player played Change of Target. Tails means the block attempt proceeds as normal.
Last edit: 09 May 2020 14:41 by TwoRazorReign.

More
10 May 2020 08:11 #99793 by Sydnelson

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds