file Re: Coven timing

03 May 2020 07:36 #99741 by beslin igor
Replied by beslin igor on topic Re: Coven timing

EDIT: It appears what should have been cancelled was submitted..

Not exactly, because the Coven moves counter-clockwise. Here's the correct sequence
Let's say A => B => C => D => E => A (where '=>' is read 'bleeds')
It's A's turn.
  1. player A passes the impulse (by saying "next"/"i'm done with my turn"
  2. Players B, C, D pass.
  3. player E has the impulse and can't pass ( because she has to take the Coven). Let's say she uses the impulse to take the Coven (she could draw from Barrens, ...)
  4. players A, B, C, D have nothing else to do / pass the impulse
  5. player E uses the Coven
  6. players A, B, C, D pass the impulse
  7. player E passes the impulse.
  8. A's prey's turn starts

3. whu him cannot use coven now,whu pas the impulse?
5. i beleive player E can chose to use coven in his predator turn because him maybe cannot decide what vampir need blood?
Bonus:
A) what if controler coven dont have ready minion,can him look it only to not give gift his predator 2 blood?
B)player with Coven and Scourge have vampires in torpor,Dragonbound is in play,when player resolve Dragonbound need to be ousted. does Coven and Scourge is removed with him,or him can discard card,pass impulse,his predator take Coven and Scourge,and after impulse back him be ousted by Dragonbound?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2020 07:48 - 03 May 2020 07:50 #99742 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Coven timing

3. whu him cannot use coven now,whu pas the impulse?

You should try using a translator, your questions are hard to understand.
Who are you talking about? E? Another player?
Also, I read: "3. player E has the impulse and can't pass" but you are asking "whu pas the impulse?" so I'm unsure what you're asking.

5. i beleive player E can chose to use coven in his predator turn because him maybe cannot decide what vampir need blood?

I don't understand the question, sorry.

A) what if controler coven dont have ready minion,can him look it only to not give gift his predator 2 blood?

You cannot use the Coven if you don't have a ready vampire.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 03 May 2020 07:50 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
03 May 2020 08:02 - 03 May 2020 08:03 #99743 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic Re: Coven timing
3.) As far as I understand it the question is, why E has to wait for all players to pass again before he can use the Coven after taking controll of it. I can't find the rules for impulse to quote them, but the rules are that after anyone has used the impulse to do something (in this case take the Coven), the impulse immediately goes back to the active methuselah (whose turn it is or who controlls the acting minion, if any). Therefore E loses the impulse and has to wait for the impulse to come back before the Coven can be used.

5.) As far as I understand it, the question is whether E has to use the Coven immediately or can wait for another turn to use it. E does not have to use it now, but can wait for another turn to use it. The above simply states, that this can be done, after which the impulse again would go back to A.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
Last edit: 03 May 2020 08:03 by Yomyael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds