times Transfer himself to death

29 Aug 2011 08:57 #9208 by KevinM

Ok, I change a little example situation:

5 players, A,B,C,D,E. Player C kills players D and E. Player A then put in torpor all B's minions and 1 of 3 C's minions. So player C still have two minions. But they have only bleed 1 and no chance to increase it. Player A have 20 pools (and four minions), Player B 6 pools and player C 3 pools. Player C have theoretical chance to win - he have ready minions an can bleed. Is legal for player C to oust himself?

This is real situation. I am player A and was little shocked when player C ousted himself. Head judge confirmed that it is ok.

You shouldn't have gone backward so hard. Next time you have 20 pool, go forward and kill your prey and not your impotent predator. Then you could have ousted C at your leisure, giving you the GW.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2011 08:58 #9209 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Transfer himself to death

Is legal for player C to oust himself?

Only if player C has no reasonable chance to gain more VP's. It's difficult to say whether that's the case based on your description of the game state. Maybe C could have rescued B's minions, maybe A was out of rush cards, maybe A had 4 minions with permarush, 10+ blood and Heroic Might, maybe B was holding on to a Golconda, maybe one of the players had depleted their libraries, maybe the clock was running close to time limit... Really, it all boils down to whether you trust the head judge's assessment and/or interpretation of PTW.

More
29 Aug 2011 08:59 #9211 by jhattara
Based on the description of the game state that would be perfectly legal. Of course some other factors might've made it illegal (e.g. being close to timeout with a reasonable chance to 2.5 without stalling).

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
29 Aug 2011 09:00 #9212 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Transfer himself to death

You shouldn't have gone backward so hard. Next time you have 20 pool, go forward and kill your prey and not your impotent predator. Then you could have ousted C at your leisure, giving you the GW.

To be fair, he only rushed 1 of C's 3 minions.

More
29 Aug 2011 09:02 #9213 by aahzmandius
I as player C declined first offer to oust myself, because I had small chance but still chance to kill you. You responded by torporizing most of my minions, despite the fact, that your pool gain was bigger than my potential bleed power.

Prince of Hradec Králové
:baal::DAI: :DEM: :OBT: :nec: :ani: :cap8:

More
29 Aug 2011 09:03 #9214 by aahzmandius
One of two READY minions in fact. The remaining ready minion had one blood.

Prince of Hradec Králové
:baal::DAI: :DEM: :OBT: :nec: :ani: :cap8:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds