file Expand Latest Topics?

13 Sep 2011 15:29 #10096 by TorranceCircle
The board on the right of the home page titled "Latest Topics", can this be expanded to ten topics from five?

I suuggest this because if someone posts a response to a topic that originated a week or more in the past it is easily missed if 5 other posts occur before it is read by many. If you hit the learn more at the bottom it goes backward from the current date.

An example I can think of was a post by Dorrinal(SP?). I think he did a response to a post of his that talked about a deck he built. He played it a month later and made modifications and discussed strategy. I thought it was interesting. Some people may miss a post like this because it is a response to an older post and is swept off the latest topics list on the home page before they can read it.

I think expanding the "latest topics" list to ten would be beneficial. I don't know how hard it is to do this, its just a suggestion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2011 15:32 #10097 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: Expand Latest Topics?
I'll talk to Jussi about that, but couldn't you just subscribe to the topics you are interested in?

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
13 Sep 2011 15:34 #10098 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: Expand Latest Topics?
In addition, you could also click on Recent Topics to get a longer list.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
13 Sep 2011 16:08 #10103 by TorranceCircle

I'll talk to Jussi about that, but couldn't you just subscribe to the topics you are interested in?

I have subscribed to some, and that is a good way to stay up on posts. However, like in the Dorrinal example, sometimes you don't know the post is of interest to you until later. I became interested in his post, for example, because he won a tournament in Los Angeles (which I missed :( ) and wrote about his changes.

More
13 Sep 2011 16:23 #10104 by TorranceCircle

In addition, you could also click on Recent Topics to get a longer list.

I have been doing that. I really just mentioned this because I know some players might not do this or, more impotantly, newer players might take awhile to figure out the recent topic thing. I'm not very computer smart,I know it took me awhile to figure it out-that if I hit "more topics" and it took me to a "recent topics" page, but only for that day with each page being the preceding day, I could then hit "recent topics" again and it would give a list of recent posts.

It was just an idea. The site is absolutely fantastic! You guys did an awesome job!

More
14 Sep 2011 05:15 #10142 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Expand Latest Topics?
The empty space on the right is reserved for the top rankings, when they get back up to date. But I can expand that for now to 10 topics and look for the layout when the rankings component gets finally finished.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds