file Moderators

08 Nov 2011 16:56 - 08 Nov 2011 16:57 #13777 by Adonai
Moderators was created by Adonai
There is a thread in the expansions forum that has 100% drifted from its topic.

Why hasn't that discussion been moved to a new appropriately titled topic?

i.e. Proxies have nothing to do with whether or not V:EKN will ever make an expansion and is 7-8 pages of the thread supposedly dedicated to discussing what players should expect from V:EKN.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2011 16:57 by Adonai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2011 17:20 #13784 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: Moderators
Could you provide a link to that thread?

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
08 Nov 2011 18:20 #13799 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Moderators
Is thread drift an appropriate reason to move a forum topic?

I'm asking the question because it's going to take a full-time moderator to read every post on every forum every day to make sure that they are all staying in the appropriate forum, and it seems easier to just let them lie.

Not only that, but the original messages in the then-appropriate topic will be "lost" because the message was moved.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
08 Nov 2011 19:10 #13807 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Moderators
The moderators for the current forum are listed at the bottom. Why not PM one and make your case? Thread drift is natural, after all.

:trem:

More
08 Nov 2011 23:49 - 08 Nov 2011 23:58 #13834 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Moderators
Damnans:
www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/30-expansion-sets-a-card-ideas/10199

Kevin:
There are 7 moderators assigned to that forum. Five minutes from one of them would have been appropriate. Especially as it is a thread dedicated to an announcement from Ira about the state of V:EKN's efforts. I'd have been quite happy to have had that thread locked after the first post, and a new thread created for responses. There is a skillful way to moderate a forum, and an absence of moderation is pointless. V:EKN might as well be back on Usenet instead of investing time and money in hosting a forum if V:EKN isn't going to fix the posts in the wrong forums, in the wrong threads, and in the wrong subjects.

Dorrinal:
Compare the first post in that thread, to the last 7+ pages. There is nothing even remotely related to Ira's post in them. Additionally, I am against 'private' communication about public issues. That's why you won't find me on the prince list, on the prince forum, on the national coordinators forum, or on any other non-public communication channel related to promoting playing of the game.

Others:
New threads are free, create one!

I'm not advocating censorship, only active management.

Actions speak louder than words.

Act for V:TES today!
Last edit: 08 Nov 2011 23:58 by Adonai. Reason: more details

More
09 Nov 2011 07:50 #13865 by er-principe
Replied by er-principe on topic Re: Moderators

Damnans:
www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/30-expansion-sets-a-card-ideas/10199

Kevin:
There are 7 moderators assigned to that forum. Five minutes from one of them would have been appropriate. Especially as it is a thread dedicated to an announcement from Ira about the state of V:EKN's efforts. I'd have been quite happy to have had that thread locked after the first post, and a new thread created for responses. There is a skillful way to moderate a forum, and an absence of moderation is pointless. V:EKN might as well be back on Usenet instead of investing time and money in hosting a forum if V:EKN isn't going to fix the posts in the wrong forums, in the wrong threads, and in the wrong subjects.

Please note that ira himself is moderator there, so if he wanted (also as topic starter) to split up things, sticky the topic as announcement, lock it right away or whatever he would have already done that, as he's still free to do at any time

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds