question-circle New forum for polls ?

26 Nov 2011 19:24 #16072 by Adonai
New forum for polls ? was created by Adonai
To keep polls from falling off the page, and to prevent the associated pinging or requiring a moderator to make it sticky, would it be better if all polls were in one place?
The following user(s) said Thank You: acbishop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2011 19:26 #16073 by acbishop
Replied by acbishop on topic Re: New forum for polls ?
completely agree with you, the pinging is very annoing

:vtes:

More
26 Nov 2011 20:43 #16092 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: New forum for polls ?
Or, ya know, don't have pointless polls?

Unless I'm unaware of some major change of direction in the VEKN these polls will have exactly zero effect on whether or not cards are getting changed.

No offense, but what's the point of polls when people have stated their opinion quite clearly in the previous thread. Obviously anyone interested enough in the topic will have hit the button by now.

Also, I mean, if I were in Pascal's shoes I'd have my 1/1/12 rulings -if any- ready by now and have *maybe* reviewed them after the EC but really... the whole thing is just the same people repeating the same arguments over an over again. So ye, Peter hates Parity Shift, Elotar thinks Villein is the root of all evil, anyone that doesn't have Ashur Tablets thinks they're imbalanced and I think the Giant's Blood lottery is retarded. Yet none of them are remotely likely to change anytime soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka, echiang, Jesper, Xaddam, henrik

More
26 Nov 2011 21:07 - 26 Nov 2011 21:07 #16095 by Xaddam
Replied by Xaddam on topic Re: New forum for polls ?
What Izaak is saying is too true.

Frankly, if a poll has any bearing on the decisions of the VEKN, I would be extremely disappointed. I trust them to make a lot better choices than a forum board. The power we have in the VEKN organization is merely to present suggestions, not choosing between already presented suggestions.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro
Last edit: 26 Nov 2011 21:07 by Xaddam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

More
26 Nov 2011 22:04 #16101 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: New forum for polls ?

Or, ya know, don't have pointless polls?

Unless I'm unaware of some major change of direction in the VEKN these polls will have exactly zero effect on whether or not cards are getting changed.

No offense, but what's the point of polls when people have stated their opinion quite clearly in the previous thread.

It seems that many people don't feel like they've stated their opinion clearly or often enough. Better give a single outlet and a sense of resolution for those opinions than have 10 page debates bursting out in every thread where someone casually mentions Villein ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
26 Nov 2011 22:12 #16104 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: New forum for polls ?
Well... weren't the card-specific threads for exactly that? I applaud Joscha's effort to streamline the discussion about Villein and Lilith's Blessing, but a poll implies the outcome has actual significance towards any new rulings to be made. Cos, ya know, that's kinda the point of a poll.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds