question-circle New forum for polls ?

27 Nov 2011 10:12 #16158 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: New forum for polls ?

I am completely the opposite: if a poll has no bearing on the VEKN organization, than I am extremely disappointed.

VEKN is self-appointed, and there is no formal way for the player-base to have any say in decisions affecting the future of the game. Personally, I see the value in public participation. When VTES was owned by White Wolf, that wasn't possible. No matter how unpopular a ruling or card design was, there was no recourse. We as players now have a chance to affect the direction of the game, if we organize ourselves correctly. I think what Joscha is doing is very good.

Please rest assured that none of the polling and opinion voicing will go unnoticed. That does not mean the V:EKN will always act exactly to the outcome of the polls, after all the people here represent only a subset of the player base, the input the princes take in local communities are valued just as much and sometimes they differ greatly. However certainly no course of action will be taken that sits unpopular with a coherent majority of the player base, unless there is a very good reason and I´ll make sure that the reasoning will be open.

I absolutely agree that now we are completely fan based we should include more public participation and we do, for example the number of people involved has increased a lot, all of them well respected members of the community. Also there is a much more bidirectional communication when it comes to the decisions about the new rulings (Pascal does a great job I think) and the wishlists of the players are a much bigger factor in the new fan-set than they were ever before. That does not mean that everything will be decided by polls from now on.

I sincerely hope this is the direction that you were asking for and I rest open to you suggestions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forhead, Lönkka, acbishop, Juggernaut1981, Amenophobis, Joscha, Xaddam, KevinM, CryWolf, henrik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2011 14:22 #16172 by Jesper
Replied by Jesper on topic Re: New forum for polls ?

VEKN is self-appointed, (...)

No, it is not. In fact it has a better representation leadership than most so called "democracies".

You appoint and support Princes.
Your Princes nominate and support your National Coordinators.
National Coordinators elect the Inner Circle.

Most Inner Circles are such respected and awesome people that we were merely too happy to have them take office.
It was consensual, but it was still a group decision.
They do their job and I trust they do the best they can.
I have no doubt the Rules Team know more about the game than you, me or the most of us.
Our opinions here are valued and taken into account.
But we must be ready to have them make decisions that make no sense to us. Or make no decisions at all.

Whatever the type of organization that you can conceive, it will always happen. Always.

Well lets not see on the "democroty" of this:

2.4. How do I become a Prince?
A Prince can only be appointed by the National Coordinator of his or her country or a member of the Inner Circle. For contact information, please visit the National Coordinator list or the Inner Circle list.

2.5. How do I become a National Coordinator?
In some countries, a National Coordinator may be needed. In such a case, a poll should be conducted among the princes in that country to elect their National Coordinator. The results of this poll must be reported to the V:EKN Chairman.

Since yes, the princes elect the NC (according to this), the NCs elect the Inner Circle (according to this), but the NC's and Inner Circle chooses who are the princes ... I dont say this is a problem, becouse it works. But calling it democratic in any way ... well I strongly disagree with this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
27 Nov 2011 15:21 #16175 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: New forum for polls ?
In my country we had 6 or 7 registered Princes when I took office.
The players didn't support most of them. The players did not ask for them to do anything and preferred to go to other Princes's events.
I see the players choosing their representatives right there.

Besides, I think that the players should interact with their NCs more. NCs are not there just for the Princes.
In fact most of my work is with the player base.

I might have a disturbed view because my country is small, VtES-wise.
But for what I know in Sweden and Spain, the NCs are in constant feedback with the Princes and Players.

More
27 Nov 2011 16:20 #16178 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: New forum for polls ?
The Polling forum has been created and all four polls have been moved there:

www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/40-polling-forum

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai

More
27 Nov 2011 16:39 #16180 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: New forum for polls ?

The Polling forum has been created and all four polls have been moved there:

www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/40-polling-forum

Is it possible to also get the "problematic card" threads moved there as well?

More
27 Nov 2011 16:42 #16181 by Damnans
Replied by Damnans on topic Re: New forum for polls ?

Is it possible to also get the "problematic card" threads moved there as well?

Why do you think they should be moved there?

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds