file Registering events

18 May 2012 10:19 #30683 by yappo
Registering events was created by yappo
Following my debacle with how to register an upcoming event here, it struck me how strange it is that the calendar registration doesn't generate a forum announcement.

It's not exactly rocket science to automate a forum post from the data given when you submit your event to the calendar.

Sten
The following user(s) said Thank You: Azazel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2012 13:44 #30699 by Azazel
Replied by Azazel on topic Re: Registering events
I have wished for this months ago. Now that there is somebody else hoping to get it maybe they find time to do it.

More
18 May 2012 18:40 #30717 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Registering events

I have wished for this months ago. Now that there is somebody else hoping to get it maybe they find time to do it.

It should be optional though, because if all events have a post, you could just as well look at the calendar.
What I'd like, is a link to output all incoming events as a list, with some filters (eg. what are all the incoming ECQ in Europe?)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
19 Jun 2012 09:21 #32253 by yappo
Replied by yappo on topic Re: Registering events
With the latest update on how to report a tournament (including a link to the calendared event), my suggestion that registering through the calendar automates a forum post for registration, is even further strengthened.

Such an automated post would include all relevant data, making reporting a matter of raping and pasting the registration-post and add the number of players along with some text to flesh the report out plus the TWD.

As of the current situation we have to manually enter data three times, with the explicit demand that such manually entered data interconnect with each other. That's, quite frankly, absurd.

More
19 Jun 2012 09:39 #32254 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Registering events
It is not so simple task to make automatic posts with all the complex backend systems involved. You can always first enter your tournament into the event calendar and then copy+paste the relevant information to your forum post.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
19 Jun 2012 10:09 #32255 by yappo
Replied by yappo on topic Re: Registering events

It is not so simple task to make automatic posts with all the complex backend systems involved. You can always first enter your tournament into the event calendar and then copy+paste the relevant information to your forum post.

It seems Jevents already supports automatic event-exports to facebook and twitter by means of AutoTweet. I'd assume it should be able to export to Kunena as well (or Fireboard or whatever you're using).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds