file Any progress on the ranking module?

08 Oct 2012 07:34 #38556 by wargrim
So now , you can finally stop whining and get back to work!

What about the rank - has the script/piece of code been already completed ? How is that possible that for last 2 years you were unable to create a decent tool for that purpose ?

I'm really disappointed that you're wasting time on pointless discussions instead of doing something creative.

There are dozens of players looking at YOU (VEKN) and wondering WTF you're doing...

It would be really nice if you could concentrate on really important current issues (like rank for example). After reading several pages of this "great" discussion I have a feeling that the bureaucracy is "killing you from inside". Don't forget you're fan based group, as some of you behave as if they were managers of some big private organization. Hold on your horses guys. VTES is not your private toy. VTES is us - the society of players...

"Iusiurandum patri datum usque ad hanc diem ita servavi"
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude_PL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2012 08:46 #38560 by Azazel
Or maybe you should just shut the fuck up!
If you want to contribute something useful let them know.
People who have been coding the pages have a ton of other stuff to do also (work, family etc). Maybe they even have been working on the rankings as we speak?

Let the dust settle for now, and stop ranting here!

More
08 Oct 2012 09:48 #38575 by Ashur

So now , you can finally stop whining and get back to work!

What about the rank - has the script/piece of code been already completed ? How is that possible that for last 2 years you were unable to create a decent tool for that purpose ?

Stick to the topic? Start new thread about ranking?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
08 Oct 2012 09:55 #38577 by wargrim

Or maybe you should just shut the fuck up!
If you want to contribute something useful let them know.
People who have been coding the pages have a ton of other stuff to do also (work, family etc). Maybe they even have been working on the rankings as we speak?

Let the dust settle for now, and stop ranting here!

It took one of the Polish players a week to create a tool that would collect set of data from Archon sheets amd generate an output file (rank) that is currently being used for VTES Polish League (www.vtes-polska.ugu.pl/rating.php), so don't tell me it's that difficult :). It's been two years now there is no world rank at all...

Anyway - I'm not going to post here any more, as it is a well known fact, that everyone who even tries to write something which is not 100% compatible with VEKN ideas is considered to be an enemy.

Roger out.

"Iusiurandum patri datum usque ad hanc diem ita servavi"

More
08 Oct 2012 10:05 #38578 by Squidalot

It took one of the Polish players a week to create a tool that would collect set of data from Archon sheets amd generate an output file (rank) that is currently being used for VTES Polish League (www.vtes-polska.ugu.pl/rating.php), so don't tell me it's that difficult :). It's been two years now there is no world rank at all...

well you could have volunteered that or got your NC to volunteer that Wargrim!

More
08 Oct 2012 10:05 #38579 by Ke.

So why not offer it up to be used by VEKN?

That would've been more productive than a negative rant...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot, D-dennis

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds