file I am sorry, I have tried so much but I can't

12 Oct 2014 02:58 #66415 by rezwits
Hi, I love this website and Vtes, and every time I try to come in and read it for a while, I can only read this website for about 5 minutes and then I have to leave, because for over the last 5 years the WHITE TEXT on a BLACK BACKGROUND, burns my eyes and makes me dizzy. I have tried the Contrast extension for Chrome, and then even the invert colors option under accessibility in system extensions for the Mac. It just hurts too much to sit and grind for 2 to 3 hours reading, and I want to so bad. :( I want to read this website all night.

I don't know the reason why this site is designed like this but I am not complaining because you need to do whatever you want to do. That's fine. I just "wish" the site was more accessible for everyone so people don't have to torture themselves while they read for more than 10 minutes.

So, I am off in my own world, creating my own meta-game, with my own decks. I love to find out what others are doing and I have found the link for other vtes websites, but I feel this site is so important to stay current with the game and other players.

It's really the only thing in my life right now that makes me sad. Bummer...

Laters...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2014 08:56 #66422 by D-dennis
I agree that the dark site makes it hard to read. Chaning the background color in your profile (like you can do on Secretlibrary.info) would really be welcomed.
But then again: 90% of the posts on this site are either
- shitty deck advice
- new card ideas
- rules questions that are answered by cardtext or reading the rules

So if you have an early warning system for any of the above, you need a lot less time reading this site :)

More
12 Oct 2014 13:24 #66444 by ReverendRevolver
Ive never had a problem with it, but others complain about it being impossible to check at work due to color scheme. Im sure alot of folks would like adjustable settings.

As for content, its a forum, so a mixed bag. Some cool stuff pops up, like full bleed art ideas nd me bitching aboit Gangrel and then Gangrel ending up in a set, but theres also people plugging fan sets, people saying shitty cards arent shitty, and bullshit opinions (mixed with me telling someone a rule wrong).

So, its a shame layout isnt changable for folks wanting to be on here more .

More
12 Oct 2014 19:12 #66466 by johannes
There is a Firefox plugin which allows for custom color mapping per website:
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/blank-your-monitor-easy-readin/
The following user(s) said Thank You: rezwits

More
13 Oct 2014 02:01 #66476 by rezwits
That plug in is AWESOME (extension I mean)

Thanks for your help.

I couldn't find one for chrome or safari.

Awesome

But every time I keep browsing in Firefox, some pop-ups come up and the server shuts down or blocks me? idk

More
13 Oct 2014 02:52 #66481 by rezwits
Yeah, it's weird after going over this all day.

I installed the extension in FireFox.

I then logged into the site with FireFox.

When I start using the Extension to change the html codes to colors that I can read without getting dizzy the site either thinks it's under attack or does something because I am "kick/banned" for about 15-20 minutes.

SUCKS!! ARRRGG

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds