file Offline Rulings Tool

26 Jan 2011 23:52 - 26 Jan 2011 23:53 #820 by KzArashi
Replied by KzArashi on topic Re: Offline Rulings Tool
Yep.
Only for mention. If someone would like to take a look on that PalmOS file from White Wolf site. You can use FBReader to read them (Download section have versions for various operating systems).

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore
Last edit: 26 Jan 2011 23:53 by KzArashi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2011 01:32 #821 by drstrange26
I couldnt help but hear that you were looking for an option in ARDB to have references to card ruleings. I have to admit when Ive been working with the database for ARDB that I've thought of just that option being useful.
My only question is the All Rulings area official and being able to pull from this website to update may be very possible.

Also I do know that Graham the former head of ARDB, mentioned to me an interest in developing a mobile app in a serious way. Graham has stepped down as ARDB lead. Im currently the lead of development and can be notified via the ARDB website on Google or on my email in my profile here.

I do code and have changed and modified ARDB for about a year. I am currently working on a beta with fixes and changes that have been requested.

By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth,
DR

More
27 Jan 2011 02:52 - 27 Jan 2011 03:11 #822 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Offline Rulings Tool

Would it be possible to have an offline rulings tool?

Yes.

Aside from the "Rules" section of this website, what would you want it to contain?

If you had those html pages in a zip file, would a browser's functionality be sufficient?

Its maybe a few hours work to do that. (Rulebook, CRR, Card Lists, All Rulings, Tournament Rules, Judge's Guide)

Could even throw in a copy of the most recent Archon, and package it in an installer for Windows.

Iphone and Android apps are beyond the scope of what I willing to do for free.
Last edit: 27 Jan 2011 03:11 by Adonai.

More
27 Jan 2011 07:12 #823 by Juggernaut1981
If there was going to be a VEKN Judge's Tool (or similar), then it should definately contain:

Tournament Rules
Judges Guide
Searchable "All Rulings"
Card Texts (without all of the deckbuilding functions and exporting functions of ARDB)

If it was one program, that would be great, but the only 'interactive' or 'searchable' part must be the All Rulings.

If the thing can then turn around and update itself from here, as ARDB does, then I don't think we'd really need anything more.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
27 Jan 2011 07:51 #825 by Amenophobis
It would be awesome to have an IPad/Iphone app for deckbuilding like ARDB or Secret Library.
If the Magic-players can have that, how hard can it be? ;)

More
27 Jan 2011 08:04 #826 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Offline Rulings Tool
First you'd need an iPhone developer. I'd prefer a JavaScript application that would work on all the major browsers. That should be quite easy to translate into mobile version that could be used with iOs/Android/Symbian/... devices.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds