file New topic - default section

14 Mar 2012 11:06 #25812 by jhattara
It's a feature of the Forum software, not an actual bug. If you click on the "New Topic" link at the Forum navigation bar in the very top, it defaults to the first forum (News and Announcements). However, if you click on the red "+ New Topic" button when viewing a Forum, it defaults to the Forum currently viewed.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2012 12:33 #25819 by Ankha

It's a feature of the Forum software, not an actual bug. If you click on the "New Topic" link at the Forum navigation bar in the very top, it defaults to the first forum (News and Announcements). However, if you click on the red "+ New Topic" button when viewing a Forum, it defaults to the Forum currently viewed.

I understand.
I think it should be changed:
1/ how many times does one want to post in the "News and announcements" subsection instead of the current subsection? Never. => it's a useless and confusing feature.
2/ I have deactivated all images while browsing. I can't see the "+New topic" button and therefore can't use it.

Both "New topic" and "+New topic" links/buttons should have the same functionality.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai

More
14 Mar 2012 12:52 #25820 by jhattara

I understand.
1/ how many times does one want to post in the "News and announcements" subsection instead of the current subsection? Never. => it's a useless and confusing feature.
2/ I have deactivated all images while browsing. I can't see the "+New topic" button and therefore can't use it.

Both "New topic" and "+New topic" links/buttons should have the same functionality.

Unfortunately the behavior of New Topic link at the top is controlled by the Forum software and won't be easy to change. The "+New Topic" button should be visible even if you have disabled images (although without the + in front). Best I can do is remove the link completely, but that would break some functionality of the forum.

More
14 Mar 2012 13:07 #25823 by Ankha

I understand.

Unfortunately the behavior of New Topic link at the top is controlled by the Forum software and won't be easy to change. The "+New Topic" button should be visible even if you have disabled images (although without the + in front). Best I can do is remove the link completely, but that would break some functionality of the forum.

Would it be possible to change the label of the first link to "New announcement" ?

Prince of Paris, France

More
14 Mar 2012 13:11 #25824 by jhattara

Would it be possible to change the label of the first link to "New announcement" ?

No, because you can still use the link to make new forum posts, they only default to the announcements category. There's a dropdown with all the categories on that page.

More
14 Mar 2012 14:11 #25828 by Ankha

No, because you can still use the link to make new forum posts, they only default to the announcements category. There's a dropdown with all the categories on that page.

I know that. The purpose of changing the name is to avoid mistakes and make people use the other link "+ New topic".

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds