exclamation-circle Rulings need to be somewhere accessible and searchable

01 Mar 2020 11:04 #99112 by d-mohn
I got into this game about 2 years ago. Like any game there always hidden interactions between cards and effects that need to be clarified because they can be confusing or people may willfully misinterpret the effect to gain some advantage, this is par for the course. However, when rulings are made in a game, people need to be made aware of them and have a way to be able to find them so that they can explain them to other when said interactions come up. Finding a ruling from someone who has the authority to make them for this game is a nightmare due to them being hidden all over the place and in some cases later contradicted by new rulings. With the game being picked up by more and more people like me there absolutely needs to be a website where people can look up the most up to date card text and rulings for this game similar to MTG's Gatherer website if there is any chance of this game gaining new players and retaining said players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Valas66, Hakuron, self biased, Yomyael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2020 14:00 #99120 by Lönkka
I got into the game during summer on 1994 and mostly confused AF regarding rulings. :)

Totally agreeing with d-mohn's comments above!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Mar 2020 16:23 #99126 by Ankha

I got into this game about 2 years ago. Like any game there always hidden interactions between cards and effects that need to be clarified because they can be confusing or people may willfully misinterpret the effect to gain some advantage, this is par for the course. However, when rulings are made in a game, people need to be made aware of them and have a way to be able to find them so that they can explain them to other when said interactions come up. Finding a ruling from someone who has the authority to make them for this game is a nightmare due to them being hidden all over the place and in some cases later contradicted by new rulings. With the game being picked up by more and more people like me there absolutely needs to be a website where people can look up the most up to date card text and rulings for this game similar to MTG's Gatherer website if there is any chance of this game gaining new players and retaining said players.

I heartwholly agree, that's why I'm working on it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, PetriWessman, self biased, Khormag, kschaefer

More
02 Mar 2020 07:48 #99137 by PetriWessman
Glad to hear it's being worked on. And yes, I also agree; I've been playing this game since it was called Jyhad, and have acted as to tournament judge quite a few times... and I still regularly run into rulings questions I need to search for online. The lack of a single coherent source for those really hurts, since it tends to be a matter of pure luck whether your google search comes up with the right answer -- this is especially annoying during a tournament, where players are waiting for that answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, self biased

More
02 Mar 2020 13:22 #99145 by self biased
Ankha, If you need a hand with data entry when it comes to sorting through everything I'd be happy to lend a hand. I usually have a few hours each day that I can contribute.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
02 Mar 2020 14:10 #99146 by TwoRazorReign

I heartwholly agree, that's why I'm working on it.

I am glad to hear this and am excited to see the end result.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds