exclamation-circle Rulings need to be somewhere accessible and searchable

06 Apr 2020 20:47 #99516 by beslin igor
Maybe in card rulings can be more answers,short text but explain more

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2020 16:37 #99521 by Lönkka
Unfortunately I completely fail to understand what you request. :,(
And I don't think I'm the only one. Perhaps you could try to rephrase?

Also "short text but explain more" seems to contradict itself but i probably just misunderstood what you were trying to say...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Apr 2020 22:07 #99529 by beslin igor

Unfortunately I completely fail to understand what you request. :,(
And I don't think I'm the only one. Perhaps you could try to rephrase?

Also "short text but explain more" seems to contradict itself but i probably just misunderstood what you were trying to say...

I mean use only main keyword in answer. sometime you ask someone something,him can get you answer in 4 word,but him answer you with 10 word. As Ankha work on new card text to be shorter than earlier but work same,example: new card text of Information Highway is +2 transfer,nothing more,you understand all,old text on this card have same efect but more words,that i mean here. I hope is clear now.

More
08 Apr 2020 11:19 #99539 by Lönkka
Slightly :)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
11 Apr 2020 21:03 #99560 by cmdrKEEN
As part of a project I tried to make the old rules postings from the newsgroup more accessable, i crawled the whole group's posts and saved them in one big dump. Each of the 38.000+ threads has an own folder containing each post/mail as one file. I repeatedly ran into issues, but think to have managed to get 99,9% after a while and before i lost motivation.

The zipped file is ~425MB:
drive.google.com/open?id=1JyZ3XbSDYQiE4tehMAAUWJLx-C9KNKAx

Then I went ahead and filtered for all posts from author:LSJ. These ~15K posts are all in one folder. I stripped the headers to keep only the contents in each file. Next I ran the names of all cards against the files to see which one contains any of them. The result is two csv files. One has the filenames, original subjects and dates of posting. The other has all the cardnames and a list of files, that contains each.

Together with the message files ~12MB zipped:
drive.google.com/open?id=1rtoLBmncshWlD11s7tmhysU1oC6CxcZg

Whoever wants to incorporate this information into anything, that makes finding rules more player friendly, here it is: Happy Easter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Sambomb, lip, kschaefer

More
14 Apr 2020 16:12 #99586 by lip
I recently added a card search with rulings section to the Codex .

I included all card rulings of the VEKN page, plus as much as the general rulings as I could. I'm currently in the process of updating the list (slowly and manually :p) in YAML format here .

Contributors and reviewers are welcome !

cmdrKEEN I just discovered your awesome work on LSJ posts ! I'll download this and try to make something of it once I'm finished with Ankha and Pascal rulings. I'm working from most recent to try and avoid putting outdated rulings online.

Ankha If you're currently working on a new rulings list, I'd be glad to help and include anything you have at your disposal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ankha, Sambomb, beslin igor

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds