file Who is willing to pick up Anthology Sets in Berlin for profit?

03 Feb 2017 21:13 #80512 by fredsct
Since it appears to be completely legal and reasonable to offer the service of picking up Anthology Sets in Berlin and mail them elsewhere in the world, I would like to solicit someone to do that. Preferably it would be someone who has established a trustworthy reputation as a card trader and/or dealer and who knows the ropes about how to ship cards around the world. I would expect there's no reason I would be your only customer. I would think that a good entrepreneur who starts marketing this service now may expect a lot of order from players who cannot attend Berlin but would like one or more these sets. I've already seen people asking about this on one of the local e-mail lists in the U.S.

I have no idea what a fair price would be. Propose something. I'm just sayin'...

Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2017 21:19 #80513 by Lönkka

...who knows the ropes about how to ship cards around the world.

Step 1: Pack the stuff in a box
Step 2: Go to the post office
Step 3: Purchase enough stamps to ship the box to the needed destination.
Step 4: Probably fill a matchbox sized sticker declaring the contents, weight and value.

Not that much of ropes if you've ever sent a postcard, let alone a parcel...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Feb 2017 21:34 #80519 by fredsct

...who knows the ropes about how to ship cards around the world.

Not that much of ropes if you've ever sent a postcard, let alone a parcel...

Let's just say I've bought enough cards from overseas dealers to be aware that certain people seem to have problems doing it.

Fred

More
04 Feb 2017 06:39 #80546 by Blooded Sand

Since it appears to be completely legal and reasonable to offer the service of picking up Anthology Sets in Berlin and mail them elsewhere in the world, I would like to solicit someone to do that. Preferably it would be someone who has established a trustworthy reputation as a card trader and/or dealer and who knows the ropes about how to ship cards around the world. I would expect there's no reason I would be your only customer. I would think that a good entrepreneur who starts marketing this service now may expect a lot of order from players who cannot attend Berlin but would like one or more these sets. I've already seen people asking about this on one of the local e-mail lists in the U.S.

I have no idea what a fair price would be. Propose something. I'm just sayin'...

Fred

Fred, if you think it is wrthwhile, I will try to arrange said request, but we would need to coordinate logistics fairly rapidly. Reply here, and let's sort this out via email.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
04 Feb 2017 12:46 #80558 by fredsct
I am definitely serious about it. I'm not clear on who you're proposing to deal with that would pre-order, pickup, and ship the sets for a profit.

Fred

More
17 Feb 2017 21:13 #80740 by Blooded Sand
Have an NC or two in mind. If you are interested, get on the email chain, the more sets we can get shipped the better.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds