file Card list resource

09 Aug 2016 09:21 #77857 by McKnight
Card list resource was created by McKnight
Hey folks, long-time lurker and player in the Los Angeles area here, first-time poster.

I need help creating a checklist resource. This resource will be in a printer-friendly, simple .txt or .word file format and it will be a list of the cards broken down by set, including reprints. It will be further sorted between crypt and library, and the crypt section will be divided up by clan. This list will also just be a simple checklist - it will not be an exhaustive listing of the complete text on each card. This list will just give the names of the cards in alphabetical order and possibly also the rarity, and that's it.

Before you ask, I've scoured the internet for the past two days trying to see if this resource exists. Unless I've missed it, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I started with the card lists by set here on vekn.net, but those lists don't include the reprints and are therefore incomplete. And while vteschecklist seems useful for what it does, it isn't printer-friendly and it seems like it's more of an online tool for deck-building and collection management, which is fine, but I need something I can print out and use offline.

Also, as a fair warning, I am a complete dunce when it comes to manipulating anything other than the simplest of word processing files and programs. If your first instinct is to say something like 'why don't you download anarch deckbuilder or fragment of elder library and just save your doohickey as a whatsit file and extract it to this here thingamajig' all I have to say is.... yeah.... I've been trying to figure that out for 2 days with no help and no tutorials and I'm totally frustrated and stuck. I didn't even know what the heck excel was before I started this project. I try to look on the bright side - at least I learned the names of a bunch of programs and applications that I couldn't use and that didn't help me. Anything more complicated than copying and pasting is out of my league.

My starting point was the card lists here on vekn.net. If there is a COMPLETE downloadable list here somewhere for each set that includes each reprinted card in each set, I'd gladly smack my forehead a thousand times in penance if someone could point it out. Barring that, the next best thing would be a mergeable list of JUST the card names and possibly also the rarities that I could compare and contrast to each incomplete list to complete it.

Any help anyone could turn me on to would be greatly appreciated, and I plan to post the completed list somewhere so the community can have it if they want it.

Thanks a ton!
Brett McKnight
Former Prince of Santa Clarita
Camarilla Status: 'They guy who makes me laugh even when I'm Brainwashing all his vampires' By Robert Goudie
Sabbat Status: 'Thrones Crumble is a terrible card and you built a deck around it?' By Michael Courtois

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2016 09:25 - 09 Aug 2016 09:28 #77858 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Card list resource
I've generated the list for you:

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/checklist.txt

It's a text file, so use
Right-click > Save as ...

then open it with your favorite text editor (notepad, wordpad, word, or notepad++) and print it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 09 Aug 2016 09:28 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: McKnight

More
09 Aug 2016 09:28 #77859 by McKnight
Replied by McKnight on topic Card list resource
You're amazing, but it seems to list library cards twice and omit the crypt cards.

More
09 Aug 2016 09:34 #77860 by Ankha

You're amazing, but it seems to list library cards twice and omit the crypt cards.

My mistake. I've uploaded the correct version.

The list is also available through the www.vekn.net/card-lists page.

Do you want the vampires sorted by clan?

Prince of Paris, France
The following user(s) said Thank You: McKnight

More
09 Aug 2016 09:36 #77861 by McKnight
Replied by McKnight on topic Card list resource

That would be amazing, thank you.

More
09 Aug 2016 09:37 #77862 by Ankha

Also, the Jyhad lists Camille Devereux, the Raven as a single vampire, you'll have to correct that manually.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds