heart [ANN] New iOS and Android Apps

26 Oct 2016 23:22 - 27 Oct 2016 02:18 #78788 by Ke.
Hello all,

The app versions of Amaranth are now live.

Android:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zeroloop.amaranth&hl=en

iOS:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/amaranth-db/id1168835445

You can use this to print tournament legal proxies using the "Print some" button.

So far Amaranth has 99 registered users. Let's see who hits number 100.

Feedback welcome.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2016 02:18 by Ke..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2017 15:13 - 15 Mar 2017 15:14 #81145 by emime
Great work Ke.!

I had completely missed this... looked randomly for VTES in App Store and got lucky!

The web-version is also useful for a Mac user stuck with old ARDB.

And the proxy-printing is just a-ma-zing!

By the way, one question... is there a way to see just the "old" images of the cards (i.e. the official ones, not put in the new layout), when browsing cards or otherwise (i.e., besides the possibility to have them in pdf format when printing proxies)? Many thanks!

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels
Last edit: 15 Mar 2017 15:14 by emime.

More
15 Mar 2017 16:05 - 15 Mar 2017 16:11 #81146 by Ankha
It's slightly slower / less reactive than Vampidroid (notably on searches) but has some added functionalities.

In the crypt search, when toggling the discipline icons to filter, there's a noticeable delay (about 1 second) because I suppose it starts the search as soon as you toggle it. The right thing to do is to wait that the user has toggled all the filters they want before starting the search (this can be done by waiting 1 second after that the user has toggled something for the last time). This way, the interface doesn't freeze when you start toggling the filters.

There's another annoying thing: the yellow done button should close the filter box once you've selected your filters. Currently, it only helps closing submenu, but when there's no submenu opened, it does nothing.
The filter box should also close when you click outside it.

Also, when listing the vampire, there isn't an option to display its cardtext in the result list. You have to click on it to read it, which is much slower than on Vampidroid.

I don't know if there's a more appropriate place to list those requests but I know Chris reads it so...

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 15 Mar 2017 16:11 by Ankha.

More
15 Mar 2017 16:39 - 15 Mar 2017 17:16 #81147 by CelestialChoir
Love the look and ease of the app. I'm experiencing some trouble with importing from SecretLibrary.

EDIT: This was only the case for one deck, an older Followers of Set deck.

Prince of Asheville
:fose: :PRE: :SER: :AUS: :cel: :life7:
Last edit: 15 Mar 2017 17:16 by CelestialChoir. Reason: Addendum

More
15 Mar 2017 21:00 #81153 by cordovader
Hi Ke!

I must first of all say that as an iPhone user I'm super happy to finally see an iOS APP seeing the light.

I think the APP is awesome and I must say it is hard to see such a good finished product. Did you do it on your own? Did someone besides you test the APP?

I found a couple of annoying behaviors also:

-while building a deck and adding library cards to the deck you need to click once on the plus button before you can start adding cards - is this intended?
-the search engine does not work like other tools - example: try searching for minion tap

I will let you know if I find some other stuff.

More
15 Mar 2017 21:48 #81156 by Ankha

-the search engine does not work like other tools - example: try searching for minion tap

No, it's correct. But you must type "Villein" instead. ;)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ke., Ezra

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds