file Amaranth DB 2.0 Released!

21 Mar 2018 13:12 #85928 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Amaranth DB 2.1 Released!
Thanks for the update.

Why is there a no-cache on the image downloads? For old cards that seems like something that could have infinite caching. For the new ones, I'd guess a week? How often are you actually updating your design?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2018 21:05 #85935 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Amaranth DB 2.1 Released!
The length of time images are cached is device dependent.

Bundling the images with the app is not feasible; compressed the images sit at 3.7GB.

More
22 Mar 2018 18:05 #85952 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Amaranth DB 2.1 Released!
Another feature request when you have time:
Sort Decks by Most/Least Recently Updated

I often start a deck idea and come back to it later. It'd make those old, but recently touched decks easier to find.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ke.

More
22 Mar 2018 21:35 #85960 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Amaranth DB 2.1 Released!

Another feature request when you have time:
Sort Decks by Most/Least Recently Updated.

Good idea
The following user(s) said Thank You: kschaefer

More
25 Apr 2018 07:41 #86324 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Amaranth DB 2.0 Released!
The quick start decks are a great idea, and mostly serve as an excellent introductory tool.

But WHY does the Nosferatu royalty breed deck (already a not-so-powerful deck) have an absolute offender of a card, namely Secret Horde?

Shouldn't those two copies be another copy of Warsaw Station, and a Direct Intervention instead?

Or basically any card besides Secret Horde?

Also, is "Horde" in there a typo? I never understood the flavor of it - should it say "Hoard" instead?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
25 Apr 2018 11:33 - 25 Apr 2018 11:35 #86326 by TwoRazorReign

Also, is "Horde" in there a typo? I never understood the flavor of it - should it say "Hoard" instead?

That's not a typo, but you bring up a very interesting point. Horde is an anthropological term meaning a small social group akin to a tribe. A hoard is a secret fund.

I see your point because (1) I'm not sure how a "Secret Horde" can be an investment, and (2) the art sure seems to indicate a secret stash like a hoard.

Here's what I believe happened with this card: the designers intended this card to reflect a "Secret Horde," with an effect akin to a Methuselah negotiating resources from his ancient social group. But the artist had "Hoard" in mind, and made the artwork accordingly to show a secret stash of things, or understood that "horde" was meant but wasn't sure how to depict this to match the effect on the card, and therefore designed a secret stash of anthropological looking things like skulls, texts, and ancient chemicals. To further confuse things, the keyword "investment" was added to Camarilla edition.

So today, we have a card with artwork showing a stash of stuff with the word "investment." So it certainly looks like hoard was meant. But I really think "Horde" was meant because a hoard is already secret, so "Secret Hoard" would be redundant ("secret secret fund"). But who knows?
Last edit: 25 Apr 2018 11:35 by TwoRazorReign.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds