file CSV for Lost Kindred are available

14 Jun 2018 14:07 #88177 by mtsr

Why not both? The CSV format used can be easily worked with using git, which in turn allows easy cooperation and gives a version control to boot.

Because you would need to update both each time there would be a change. It is extra work, with a risk of error.

They indicate changes, such as errata.

Thanks, that helps.

So despite being called version control software, something like git is really about managing changes to text-based files. This would allow for easy overviews of lists of changes between versions and managing multiple related but different versions such as Legacy and Revised.

With your permission, I'd really like to take the current files (and maybe the previous versions if I can find them) and show how I think version control could help. And then, of course, it's up to you to decide whether it's something you want to use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, self biased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2018 19:33 #88182 by Ankha

Why not both? The CSV format used can be easily worked with using git, which in turn allows easy cooperation and gives a version control to boot.

Because you would need to update both each time there would be a change. It is extra work, with a risk of error.

They indicate changes, such as errata.

Thanks, that helps.

So despite being called version control software, something like git is really about managing changes to text-based files. This would allow for easy overviews of lists of changes between versions and managing multiple related but different versions such as Legacy and Revised.

With your permission, I'd really like to take the current files (and maybe the previous versions if I can find them) and show how I think version control could help. And then, of course, it's up to you to decide whether it's something you want to use.

They are already versioned (under SVN, it's an old repo), but it's a private repository. Tracking errata within the text file helps everyone (players and me alike) to know what has changed without using blame tools.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
14 Jun 2018 19:44 - 14 Jun 2018 19:46 #88183 by self biased

They are already versioned (under SVN, it's an old repo), but it's a private repository. Tracking errata within the text file helps everyone (players and me alike) to know what has changed without using blame tools.

would setting up a wiki for the cards be possible? That way revisions could easily be tracked.

A wiki would also make it stupid easy to make rulings more accessible.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2018 19:46 by self biased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas

More
14 Jun 2018 20:36 #88184 by Ankha

would setting up a wiki for the cards be possible? That way revisions could easily be tracked.

It looks like a lot of work. Personally, I use vtes.pl that has all the printed versions scanned, except Anthology.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
14 Jun 2018 21:39 #88186 by Sambomb

That would be awesome!
The card WIKI link can be attached to the CSV for easier integration with 3rd party apps and all related ruled rules, TWDs with the card and things like that can be linked to it.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
14 Jun 2018 22:53 #88191 by ReverendRevolver
Basically,

Vtes needs a "Gatherer "

A card database with errata, pictures of each printing, and an idiot proof user interface.
But with 0 financial resources available to dump on it, it's not really a "now" thing....

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds