exclamation-circle Archiving V:TES Websites of value

01 May 2011 17:32 #3992 by Adonai
In the last year or so, quite a few (100+) V:TES websites have disappeared from the web forever. If you know the author of a lost website that had valuable V:TES material, get them in contact with me about hosting their content. I will archive V:TES material on a subdirectory of my site, and they won't be able to change or update it, but at least it won't be lost.

Sites that will be particularly missed:

AshHeap.StorageAnnex.com
WarGhoul.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2011 18:42 #3997 by KevinM

In the last year or so, quite a few (100+) V:TES websites have disappeared from the web forever. If you know the author of a lost website that had valuable V:TES material, get them in contact with me about hosting their content. I will archive V:TES material on a subdirectory of my site, and they won't be able to change or update it, but at least it won't be lost.

Sites that will be particularly missed:

AshHeap.StorageAnnex.com
WarGhoul.com

You could always use the Wayback website -- web.archive.org/ -- to obtain this information.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
01 May 2011 23:50 #4000 by jozxyqk
ashheap.storageannex.com 's content is available at
ashheap.monocleofclarity.com/

I guess Greg W stopped paying for the storageannex domain, but I have been hosting the content for him for a few years, and have no plan on taking it down.

More
10 May 2011 17:23 - 10 May 2011 17:26 #4297 by extrala

ashheap.storageannex.com 's content is available at ashheap.monocleofclarity.com/

Thanks for hosting the stuff, but actually very few of the links are working ..

On the Resource page only the Interviews and Articles are linked to new domain, but for example the link to the Deck Challenge page or the Game Variants & BYO Storyline Rules is still linked to the old site (which is no more).

Would be possible to add the links (and contents) to some of those pages? Also I would like to see the Barbed Wire Project page being available again. (Don't know where it was linked originally on the Ash Heap.

Thanks!
Last edit: 10 May 2011 17:26 by extrala.

More
10 May 2011 18:37 - 10 May 2011 18:56 #4300 by jozxyqk
Looks like Greg's HTML uses absolute links instead of relative links in some places.

If I get around to it, I'll go in and perform surgery on his code myself so that "clicking" them works again. For now, you can still find those links by manually changing the URL in your URL bar to use "ashheap.monocleofclarity.com" as the domain.

Should be noted that his phpbb forum will never be resurrected, and anything scripted won't be guaranteed to work on this host.

Edit: All links should be updated now. But like I said, anything that links to old phpbb posts will never work.

:abom: :tzim: :SER: :mart: :laibon: :retainer: :soc:
Last edit: 10 May 2011 18:56 by jozxyqk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

More
13 Sep 2011 21:21 #10131 by Adonai
Rise from your grave!

www.thelasombra.com/VTES-Archive/kindred_whispers/vtes/

It died in 2004, and now is back to haunt us all.

Manila's own Kindred Whispers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Goudie

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds