file Gaming with BS blog articles

17 May 2016 08:56 #76958 by brettscho
Fair point, but I think that people should sort their cards according to how their brain works, and mine works according to capacity. I have an easier time remembering "that 3 cap with PRE" rather than "Gideon Fontaine." It also helps me sort through a group to see what's available - alphabetical provides no real information, but sorting by capacity allows you to look at the end if you want titled vampires, and at the beginning if you want weenies, etc. But thanks for your suggestion.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2016 18:51 #76983 by Lönkka
Indeed so.

However I think one benefit in the alphabetical system is that if you are building deck based on someone's decklist these might not contain the capacity but most often they do contain the names of the vampires... :)

Also you need to use more info on your decklists etc since there are more 3 cap Ventrues than Gideon Fontaine.

But, like you said, it is about how your brain works.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
22 May 2016 23:39 #76995 by brettscho
Spurred on by recent discussion of the bloodline disciplines, I decided to take a look at the outferior effects and the disciplines that the designers choose to put them into. I ruminate a bit on the purpose behind outferior effects, and then delve into the degree to which these goals have been met by the current bloodlines cards. This week I focus on the clans that are to be featured in the upcoming VEKN set - I'll get around to the others next week. Hope you enjoy!

Outferior Disciplines

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
23 May 2016 18:41 #77001 by GreyB
Replied by GreyB on topic Gaming with BS blog articles

GreyB on a recent VEKN post reminded people that it took a card as powerful as Tupdog to allow the master-slave relationship to work.

In those decks, the master-slave relationship is more restrictive than additive. Tupdogs are a reason to suffer the slave trait.

So while most people would like to see the VEKN design team focus on independent Gargoyles, I’d like them to focus on slaves.

I like the slave concept, but it's just too hard to marry 2 clans with totally off disciplines. 1 clan is simply a useless required appendage, no matter how many cool slave cards you introduce.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
30 May 2016 00:54 #77048 by brettscho
Hello again! Time for me to wrap up my look at the bloodline disciplines. I dive back into outferior disciplines and effects in an effort to see how well they encourage mixing of a bloodline with a major clan. I even compare all the bloodline discipline against each other to see which one does it job best. You'll never guess which discipline comes out on top (aka - hey, look, I can try to make click-bate too!). Come check it out!

Outferior Disciplines II

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zombieking

More
30 May 2016 19:52 #77051 by GreyB
Replied by GreyB on topic Gaming with BS blog articles

Tremere and Gargoyles might work better together if a Visceratika card has a Theft of Vitae effect for Superior Thaumaturgy. To be absolutely clear, I’m not suggesting giving normally superior effects to the basic level of discipline (as we’ve seen for the anarchs), but instead suggesting that a bloodline card could have an (outside SUP), (inf), and (SUP) effect.

Could've been a mix of :vis: being the outferior discipline to :tha: cards and vice versa.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds