file Gaming with BS blog articles

05 Jun 2016 23:01 #77116 by brettscho
It's time for another article. I'm currently in the midst of a house-hunting trip so today's article is a bit on the small side. It's a collection of resources on CCG design including podcasts and articles by various different current and former CCG designers. If you know of any other great resources on how to design card games in general or CCGs in specific, please comment and link to them! Hope you enjoy this great wealth of information on CCG design!

CCG Design Resources

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2016 04:25 #77189 by brettscho
Hello again! I've finally had a chance to actually read/listen to most of the CCG Design resources that I posted last time, and I thought I'd share some random thoughts that they provoked in me in regards to VTES. Next week, I'll get back to more normal articles with a look at melee weapons and how to use them, so stay tuned! Enjoy!

CCG Design Lessons & Thoughts

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
20 Jun 2016 00:57 #77231 by brettscho
Hello all - I've just released my next article which focuses on Melee weapons! I examine the weapons available in the game and discuss the two major problems faced by decks that rely on equipment - finding the equipment, and successfully equipping it (preferably without the use of an action). I carefully look at different strategies to solve both problem. I hope you find it useful and enjoyable! As always, comments are most appreciated.

A Comprehensive Guide to Melee Weapons

More
20 Jun 2016 08:59 #77232 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Gaming with BS blog articles
I was always thinking, that the second dagger doesn't cost you pool - you are not equiping it but just putting it on a minion.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
20 Jun 2016 09:10 #77233 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Gaming with BS blog articles
Speaking about the topic as a whole I think you should go "backwards" -
if you are interested in melee weapons start with weighted walking stick and look at other weapons as an upgrade (as thay can be used many times) with downsides (you need to equip them, pay pool ets).

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
20 Jun 2016 17:31 #77234 by brettscho

I was always thinking, that the second dagger doesn't cost you pool - you are not equiping it but just putting it on a minion.

Huh... I never would have come to that conclusion. Do you really get 2 weapons for the price of 1? If that's true, it would certainly make the weapon more appealing.

Speaking about the topic as a whole I think you should go "backwards" -
if you are interested in melee weapons start with weighted walking stick and look at other weapons as an upgrade (as thay can be used many times) with downsides (you need to equip them, pay pool ets).

Well, my hope was to explore options other than Weighted Walking Stick. I think it's pretty obvious how good that card is, but I was really hoping to investigate the other weapons and the options to find/equip them to see if there was anything else of interest. But thank you for the feedback!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds