file Gaming with BS blog articles

21 Jun 2016 03:32 #77239 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Gaming with BS blog articles
You get the second Dagger for free. Dagger is a playable card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2016 05:16 #77240 by brettscho

You get the second Dagger for free. Dagger is a playable card.

Wow, I can't believe I never knew that. That significantly raises the card in my estimation. I'll update my post to reflect that. I might have to try out a Dagger deck before I move out of state.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
27 Jun 2016 04:57 #77271 by brettscho
Time for another one of my articles. This week I go back in time to 2013 and look at Danse Macabre - the first VEKN designed set. I take a look at the first half of the library cards and see how they've impacted the game for better or for worse. I'll talk about the rest of the cards next week. Hope you enjoy!

Danse Macabre Library Review, Part I

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
27 Jun 2016 09:20 #77275 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Gaming with BS blog articles
Dark Steel, I think, is better to evaluate as a manuver with additional effect. So basic version is the main one with superior just as small bonus. You have to use obt POT crypt to play it with Signpost+Dark Steel+grapple combat module.

I haven't managed to execute it sucsessfully, thou.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
27 Jun 2016 12:11 #77276 by chrisn101
Hi Brettscho,

Minor quibble: in the article you discuss Magic of the Smith, writing:

This card finds and equips any piece of equipment in your library and equips it for the cost of 1 blood.

As evidenced by the image of the card next to it, the acting minion still has to pay the cost of the equipment card, so Magic of the Smith'ing a Garotte for example costs one blood (MotS) and one pool (Garotte).

Great write-up :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
13 Jul 2016 22:23 #77372 by brettscho
Hey guys - I recently published an article about the VTES league I ran around here, along with information about the prizes (including an offer to cheaply make custom edges for others who are interested!), and an announcement that I'm taking a break from the blog while I move. This certainly isn't the end of the blog by any means, it's just that I'm going to be hard pressed to find time to write articles in the next few weeks. Hope you enjoy this one!

Spring 2016 VTES League Report

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds