file Ashur´s War Journal – April 2016

07 May 2016 07:52 #76810 by Ashur

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased, brettscho, Zombieking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2016 16:57 #76838 by xXLazarusXx
Always a great read.
I, too, feel like the Gehenna events were a little off and should have been unique masters, but that's just me.

I can only speak to "if R. Garfield tweaked the game a bit" .
Vtes is not the game it was when it came out. Many different publishers, sets, and rulings have changed the face of the game.
Much like magic, i think a more robust deck construction system would be implimented, reflecting formats in magic:tG. Expanded banned list, including complete sets, a standard/legacy/vintage format might be an idea. (Again, like magic.)
I would have liked to see a LCG based in the WoD, as they are more accessible to players who don't like to horde cards. It seems like this is the path forward for a lot of other 90's ccgs these days.

Thanks for sharing this with us mate.

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
:hosk:

More
08 May 2016 17:54 #76841 by Lönkka

Many different publishers...

Wouldn't exactly call two (2!!!) publishers "many".
If you stretch definition of publisher and also count us (VEKN) a publisher due to the PDF sets then you can make that three, which still is not terribly many.

I would have liked to see a LCG based in the WoD, as they are more accessible to players who don't like to horde cards.

And after 10 years of LCG i don't think that all the sets would be available any longer. Look what happened to AGOT (rotation introduced, relaunched due to everything getting so complex, entry point way too high) and that game wasn't 10 year old.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
09 May 2016 02:35 - 09 May 2016 02:36 #76851 by xXLazarusXx
Well, 2 publishers, then the vekn stuff. So, 3 would constitute as many, it being more than a couple, which is 2.
I never said it would be more available. I play GoT, Warhammer Invasion, and netrunner. I know all about availlbility.
I mentioned I would like to see that, so I didn't have to horde cards.
Nothing about your very off putting rant.

By more accessible i mean: not a billion expansions that a new player needs to learn. Just as few. More accessible for the casual gamer.

Prince of Lodi, Ca
Everyone must ride with Charon, by and by. We merely wish to know what to ask him before we step onto his boat.
:hosk:
Last edit: 09 May 2016 02:36 by xXLazarusXx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
09 May 2016 03:11 #76852 by ICL
Other than your thoughts on changes, I'm not clear on how you don't just die really fast. Sure, you can SensDep backwards, then your grandpredator should eat you both. I have yet to have Two Wrongs work, but, then, I suppose I play a lot of games where not everyone has bounce.

Cardinal Benediction? I find plenty of uses for it. Whether those produce good decks, well, that's another story. Try Into the Fire on Settites to permavote them up ... or not, depends upon how much you want to play Settite vote with older cards. Make prisci into cardinals, upgrade an archbishop in a deck with PRE for free blood/pool, ... okay, admittedly when I put the card into decks it doesn't usually do anything.

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=12442
or
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=16808
these, for instance, didn't really gain anything (also, one copy is not reliable).

More
09 May 2016 08:14 #76854 by Lönkka

Well, 2 publishers, then the vekn stuff. So, 3 would constitute as many, it being more than a couple, which is 2.

Suuuure, if you want to pick some nits. :)

Nothing about your very off putting rant.

Sorry to have rained on your parade, certainly wasn't the intention...
Might want to develop a slightly thicker skin, especially when nothing personal is being said.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds