lightbulb CardGameGeek - Online Deckbuilding and Collection management website

22 May 2018 15:37 - 22 May 2018 15:38 #87320 by Old_Spirit
Hi Everyone!

As some of you might know, I am the owner of CardGameGeek.com where you could find possibly one of the best online tool for Deck Building and Collection management related to VTES (among other games).
You'll find plenty of resources as well and even more will be added with time.

I am also in direct contact with VEKN and Black Chantry, which kindly allowed me to use the Virtual sets and will allow the use of the new sets/reprints.

I just want to take a moment of your attention to say I have recently started a Patreon Campaign to help me support the development and Server costs to keep the website grow and improve. There will be a lot of things going on and with enough help a fully featured trading system will be implemented directly on the website and, successfully an e-bay like e-commerce dedicated to Card Games only.

If you like what I am doing, the website and want to help, feel free to become a Patreon.

If not there are a lot of other ways you can help me, see here for more info : cardgamegeek.com/patreon-campaign-is-live-support-us

PS: I am also looking forward to find someone that might be interested to write anything dedicated to VTES, if that's your thing, I would be more than happy to offer you the platform to post your guides/articles/card review/etc

Thank you all for your time and I hope you'll appreciate the website at the very least!

Fabio
Last edit: 22 May 2018 15:38 by Old_Spirit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2018 16:06 #87392 by BenPeal

I am also in direct contact with VEKN and Black Chantry...

*checks his DMs on FB Messenger*

Everyone is in direct contact with Black Chantry. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thin_Blood, Old_Spirit

More
23 May 2018 16:31 #87393 by BenPeal

I am also in direct contact with VEKN and Black Chantry, which kindly allowed me to use the Virtual sets and will allow the use of the new sets/reprints.

It's actually not up to us (Black Chantry Productions) to allow the use of new sets and reprints on fan sites. The intellectual property belongs to White Wolf and they have a program in place - called Dark Pack - that handles officially sanctioned use of White Wolf's material by fans:

www.white-wolf.com/community/

Please read that and follow the instructions. If there's material that you want to use that isn't covered by the Dark Pack guidelines, contact White Wolf at . I'm pretty sure that V:TES cards aren't listed there, so presumably you'd have to ask about them specifically.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old_Spirit

More
23 May 2018 22:22 #87402 by Old_Spirit
Hi Ben,

I spoke about the website at length with Hugh, and he is asking to WW, among other things. He already told me about Dark Pack and I complied for everything I could
(Trademark and Copyright notices). IF WW have other request I will be happily comply. As for the Virtual sets I asked to VEKN and, as long as the sets are not printed by you, they will not be up to be added to collection/tradelist/wishlist to avoid secondary market around them.

I don't see any issue but time will tell.

Thanks for your feedback and, since you haven't said anything about it, I can just hope you are at least enjoying the website :)

More
23 May 2018 23:28 #87404 by BenPeal
I just noticed that you have a Patreon set up for your site. That violates the "Requirements and Restrictions" of Dark Pack:

www.white-wolf.com/community/

Your use of White Wolf IP is strictly for non-commercial purposes only. For example, you may not serve any advertisement or offer goods or services for sale in connection with your use of the White Wolf IP.

You may not charge any fees or accept any donations in connection with Your Material.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Old_Spirit

More
23 May 2018 23:37 #87405 by Old_Spirit
I'm like 95% sure from previous cases that the "can't have ads/donations" thing is a no-go legally in a number of countries. But again, I am already discussing this with who can say the final words.

I don't see your point to keep pushing here and now... Have I done something to bother you? You just want to push against ? or? :)

I have poured a lot of time, blood, soul and money out of my pocket to get this far, I would expect at least people enjoying it rather than... that...

Thanks for taking the time to follow up.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds