file Lilith's Blessing : Propositions for a new text

02 Jun 2013 11:45 - 05 Jun 2013 06:23 #49381 by Pascal Bertrand
Hello,

As Johannes mentioned it , I am creating the open revision for Lilith's Blessing cardtext update.

Current text:
Name: Lilith's Blessing
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master. Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and becomes Bahari.

How it's going to work
It consists in several steps.
1 - gather propositions.
2 - filter propositions (down to 10).
3 - test propositions.
4 - vote on propositions.
5 - announce result.

How to participate
It's quite simple.

• If you want to submit a proposition, send a mail to Rules [at] VampireTheEternalStruggle.com , and set the subject to "[Lilith's Blessing] [Proposition] {a short comment here}" (I can't use <mailto: > here, sadly :()

• If you want to participate in playtest, send a mail to Rules [at] VampireTheEternalStruggle.com , and set the subject to "[Lilith's Blessing] [Playtest] {your name}" Please also add some information about you: Your name, where you play, how often, and how long you've been playing the game.
  • If you want to submit feedback, send a mail to Rules [at] VampireTheEternalStruggle.com, and set the subject to "[Lilith's Blessing] [Feedback] {your Id}" (don't be afraid, I'll assign you an Id on reception of your Playtest subscription mail). Feedback will be limited to those who subscribed to the Playtest.
  • If you want to submit your vote, send a mail to Rules [at] VampireTheEternalStruggle.com, and set the subject to "[Lilith's Blessing] [Vote] {your id}" (same Id you'll be given when subscribing)

A few remarks:

Respect the subjects! I have created filters in may mailbox according to these fields. Anything that doesn't exactly match one of them won't be considered valid. It's easier, safer, better and shorter to copy-paste the text above.

Step 1 : Anyone can submit. You don't have to participate in the playtest to submit.
Step 1 : End date: June 25th. Any propositions received after this date are likely not to be considered in the Step 2.
Step 1 : If a proposition's intent is unclear, depending on how much time I have, I will try to reformulate your idea with you.
Step 1 : Propositions already posted on forums / internet / blogs / ... haven't been taken into account.
Step 1 : Feel free to propose anything. The limits are: changing Lilith's Blessing. Here's an example of something I thought of (but that I don't like): "[Rulebook] Playing a Trifle master card grants you a Trifle Master Phase action. Trifle Master Phase actions can only be used to play Master Cards." (replacing the existing text about Trifles in the Rulebook)
Step 1 : Please send the full text of the card. I can assume it'll remain a master card, but if you want to change the cost, or the requirements (etc.) please make it clear.

A few guidelines:
- The card must remain a Master.
- It's a blessing, not a curse.
- The discipline search is a mandatory part of the effect. (finding doesn't have to be mandatory)
- Here's a short design intent exceprt: "The point is to identify the followers of Lilith (which are the Bahari in WW source material). Lilith, in the source material, rewards those who have suffered."

Step 2 : (filtering X results down to 10) will be achieved by me. Don't get angry if you idea of making it Trifle isn't in there.

Step 3 : Files will be available for Playtest round June 30th. Playtest is open to everyone, but you must register for playtest to receive the versions to playtest.
Step 3 : While testing, feel free to feedback on the version(s) you're testing. Major faults, etc.
Step 3 : There is only one round of playtest. No back-and-forth changes.

Step 4 : I haven't yet decided which voting system to choose. It is likely that I'll ask you to give a mark to the cards you've tested. Now, whether I'll have you give me a preference order, or something else has yet to be decided. One thing seems clear to me, though - it's unlikely we'll go for "relative majority".
Step 4 : Date for vote closure is yet to be announced.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2013 06:23 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: er-principe, hodgestar, acbishop, D-dennis, Jussi, dude_PL, Robba Yaga, Vlad, Boris The Blade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2013 13:01 #49384 by JohnP
Pascal,

I was wondering if you would consider extending the deadline to June 22.

A whole mess of VTES players will be in Columbus in a week or so for the NAC and often good ideas come out of discussions at such events.

Extending would allow such discussion, would allow those Methuselahs to return home, consider, and submit some ideas that might not otherwise occur to them.

More
02 Jun 2013 13:12 #49385 by Pascal Bertrand
Sure, I'll extend it to allow NAC discussions :)

More
02 Jun 2013 18:45 #49394 by brm130
Can we have some guidance on what specifically should be fixed? I assume it's the backdoor pool growth.

More
02 Jun 2013 18:50 #49395 by Pascal Bertrand
Sure.

Remove master-dependency as much as you can.

Here are a couple of my ideas:
Switch from "master phase action" to "discard phase action".
Switch from 1 MPA to "during your untap phase"

More
02 Jun 2013 18:56 #49396 by Juggernaut1981
Pascal,
Is it supposed to be:

1) An editing of the existing text
2) An overhaul to have similar effects via a different mechanism
3) Consider everything between the artwork and art credit as blank and start with that.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds