file TWD - 2011 Belgian National Championship

16 Mar 2011 18:12 #2535 by Lönkka

And as for it making no sense: It makes sense if you think of it as TWD repository. Or would you ask the TWD to display the actual assembler of the deck, before the player of the deck? The player might not have written the actual deck, but he wrote the story that made it win.

If you use a deck that someone else designed and didn't change anything in it I do think that you aren't the author and you NEED to acknowledge the deck's original designer.

If you use someone else's design and tweak it it would be very polite to acknowldge the original designer. The less you change the deck, the more you need to mention the original designer.

For example, I think that people who have been using "Girls" deck have tended very often to acknowledge the original designers.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 Mar 2011 18:35 #2536 by jhattara
Of course the original designer should be credited, but in TWDA the player goes before (and the designer should be mentioned in the Description field). No matter how good deck you play, the player himself plays a significant part in VTES.

I acknowledge that this is a design flaw in the Secret Library, but while there is only one field for the author, TWD should be credited to the player first.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:

More
17 Mar 2011 07:27 #2552 by Oortje
Thanks for the responds.
I agree with the fact that you should invest time in more important matters then this.
It's just strange that the deck list got changed since I posted it. Do you or extrala actually enter it in secret library after people post an text extraction of secret library?

Have a cold long night,
Jeroen van Oort
Dutch National Coördinator

More
17 Mar 2011 07:42 #2553 by jhattara
extrala has mostly handled the TWDA in the Secret Library.

More
17 Mar 2011 10:19 #2555 by D-dennis

Thanks for the responds.
I agree with the fact that you should invest time in more important matters then this.
It's just strange that the deck list got changed since I posted it. Do you or extrala actually enter it in secret library after people post an text extraction of secret library?

I have posted your/peter's deck on SL, and changed the author-field from your name to the name of the tournament winner.

More
17 Mar 2011 10:33 #2557 by jhattara

Thanks for the responds.

I have posted your/peter's deck on SL, and changed the author-field from your name to the name of the tournament winner.

You should change the deck's title into:

2011 Belgian National Championship: Freaky Politicians

More
17 Mar 2011 11:37 #2561 by Ankha
All of this wouldn't have happened if I had won ;)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
27 Mar 2011 18:55 #2888 by D-dennis
I posted a report of the tournament on bgg

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds