file [Submission] The Cult of Enlightenment

23 Jul 2014 12:40 - 23 Jul 2014 12:41 #63918 by Ankha
Name: The Cult of Enlightenment
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna.
Each Methuselah can't play more than one non-trifle master card each turn. Each Methuselah gets two discard phase actions each turn (instead of one).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 23 Jul 2014 12:41 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alasteir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2014 12:53 - 23 Jul 2014 12:54 #63920 by Yochanan
I really like the concept of this one! Would be fun with Ashur Tablets but then you don't get the advantage of the 2nd master phase. Could work really well with Sudario Refraction, especially mid-late game.
Last edit: 23 Jul 2014 12:54 by Yochanan.

More
23 Jul 2014 16:03 #63937 by ReverendRevolver
What about "gets an additional dicard phase action" since nehemiah and unmada already give similar stuff?

More
23 Jul 2014 17:49 #63941 by Ankha
To have two DPA is more restrictive than having an additional discard phase, as it doesn't cumulate with similar effects (though none exists today).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
23 Jul 2014 20:48 #63955 by Juggernaut1981
Um. Ayo Igoli uses DPAs...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
24 Jul 2014 08:29 #63970 by jamesatzephyr

Name: The Cult of Enlightenment
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna.
Each Methuselah can't play more than one non-trifle master card each turn. Each Methuselah gets two discard phase actions each turn (instead of one).

Overall, I quite like the thrust. You might potentially play it if you have more use for discard phase actions (e.g. wanting to play events with one, but still cycle your hand). So it's not a total silver bullet, in the sense that the only thing it does is hurt MMPA. And it semi-compensates the MMPA, which can at least discard some of the cards.

I wouldn't personally make it a Gehenna Event, since that facilitates playing other nasty Gehenna events, which is possibly a little too much. A minor thematic tweak to make it a Government card or Inconnu card or something like that would, I think, be better. "Global Surveillance Network / Government", "Purifier Intervention / Inconnu", whatever.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds