file [submission] sharing is caring

13 Dec 2014 15:18 #68152 by brandonsantacruz
Sharing is caring
Master
Requires a ready anarch
unique location

Put this card in play. Tap this card and choose an anarch. The chosen anarch gains a level of any discipline until your next untap phase.

Game need: anarch cards are supposed to be versatile, this makes that more realistic.

Art note: anarchs shopping in a hippie grocery store.

Brandon Haas

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2014 01:32 #68175 by Timo
Not like that...

Otherwise, you have some "free" summon history...

Add something like "a discipline an anarch you control has" and it could potentially be balanced...

More
15 Dec 2014 06:29 #68181 by brandonsantacruz
For free? How do you figure?

I would want my anarchs to be able to play their wacky anarch cards at any discipline, at least once per turn. I don't think that's asking too much given how bad anarchs are overall.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
15 Dec 2014 08:53 #68182 by jamesatzephyr

Most other ways of granting disciplines - and particularly when Bloodlines disciplines are available - have requirements like taking an action, being very temporary (this can be repeated every turn), requiring another vampire in play with the relevant discipline etc. This doesn't.

I would want my anarchs to be able to play their wacky anarch cards at any discipline, at least once per turn. I don't think that's asking too much given how bad anarchs are overall.

You can achieve that with text that says something like:
Choose an anarch vampire and a discipline. For the rest of this turn (or whenever), that vampire may play cards requiring an anarch as if he or she had the chosen discipline at the basic level.

More
15 Dec 2014 17:08 #68197 by brandonsantacruz

Most other ways of granting disciplines - and particularly when Bloodlines disciplines are available - have requirements like taking an action, being very temporary (this can be repeated every turn), requiring another vampire in play with the relevant discipline etc. This doesn't.

You can achieve that with text that says something like:
Choose an anarch vampire and a discipline. For the rest of this turn (or whenever), that vampire may play cards requiring an anarch as if he or she had the chosen discipline at the basic level.

I would consider having your target vampire being an anarch and playing this unique card to be enough of a cost. Simply having a discipline is not too costly in the first place. Giving it to more than one guy at a time would be more of a problem (i.e. all of my anarchs now have dominate).

There are far more powerful cards already out there, this would just make anarchs more playable. What if I want to use steely tenacity at qui instead of dom this turn? What is I want to add necromancy to my keystone kine bleed- now it's for two! As for playing non-anarch cards at some other level, so what? After playtesting I think that it would be clear that it is simply a perk, nothing game breaking.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
15 Dec 2014 21:20 #68202 by jamesatzephyr

I would consider having your target vampire being an anarch and playing this unique card to be enough of a cost.

Playing a free unique card isn't much of a cost. It can change back and forth every turn. It's not wedded to a specific vampire (like a discipline card, Infernal Familiar, Infernal Pact, or Camarilla Vitae Slave is). It has no blood or pool cost. It's essentially permanent, since it lasts to your next untap and then you can just tap it again. For a discipline granter, this is very much at the top end.

Being Anarch is not the most loathsome hardship a deck can face. Yes, it is certainly true that there aren't that many really good Anarch decks. But there are some. New cards do not solely take bad unplayable decks and make them playable, they can also be added to existing good decks and make them better. Would this make some existing good anarch decks better? Very possibly.

As for playing non-anarch cards at some other level, so what?

It undermines the theme, and undermines your intent.

The theme is that anarchs muck in together and help each other out - sharing is caring. If none of us have Temporis, there's nothing to share.

Your stated intent has been to make anarch three ways more playable and more versatile, while instead just handing out any old discipline. If the things you can do with other disciplines are more powerful than the anarch three-ways (or any other anarch card, like Keystone Kine isn't a classic three-way), people will do that instead, because people like winning.

After playtesting I think that it would be clear that it is simply a perk, nothing game breaking.

Not all criticisms of cards have to be about them being game breaking.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds