question-circle [HELP] History of the VEKN

19 Dec 2011 17:42 #18848 by Damnans
I also got this information from Carl:

My memory about the events back then is a bit hazy after all this years. J

As it was, the Madness Network was Robert’s baby. I remember having some lengthy discussion with Robert about cardlimits. Our group in Vienna (which was fairly big at that time) used 4CL, and I advocated it in the NG. In the end, Robert convinced me that NL would be the way to go. After that, he invited me to become membership director.

I was heavily involved in the first continental event ever, the EC 1999, I was head judge and head organisator. As WW reversed the license agreement with WotC, the members of the Madness Network board of directors each wrote a separate mail to Steve Wieck. I boasted about the European player scene, how the EC was a huge success, and that VTES is going strong in Europe. Steve visited me in Vienna that year (early 2000) with his family. After that he allowed me to hold the EC 2000 with the support of WW. As Steve was very forthcoming and we were quite drunk on joy, we decided to have the Madness Network to become the official players organization it is now.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2011 18:31 #18855 by KevinM
Make sure this gets put into the "Death of VTES" section, with Ryan's name all over it, please.

massively.joystiq.com/2009/11/06/ccps-ryan-dancey-on-keeping-eve-online-compelling/

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
19 Dec 2011 19:01 #18861 by echiang

Make sure this gets put into the "Death of VTES" section, with Ryan's name all over it, please.

massively.joystiq.com/2009/11/06/ccps-ryan-dancey-on-keeping-eve-online-compelling/

Of course, he'd probably be quite proud of that.... :dry:

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds