file Momentum's Edge / Gambit Accepted

01 Dec 2011 20:33 #16699 by Hakuron
Momentum's Edge
Unique master. Only usable if you have one or more victory points.
Put this card in play. You may tap this card during your untap phase to gain 1 pool.

Gambit Accepted
Master. Only usable if you have at least 1 victory point. Lose 1 victory point and put this card in play. During your untap phase, move 1 pool from your prey's pool to your pool. If you are ousted, your predator gains an additional victory point. At the end of the game, if you have not been ousted, you gain an additional victory point.

So, just to be sure: I can play Momentum's Edge "anytime", but use it only, if I have at least one VP - right?
And if I have one VP and sacrifice it to play Gambit Accepted, then I won't be able to use a played Momentum's Edge until I have won a new VP - right?

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2011 21:07 - 01 Dec 2011 21:09 #16704 by Ankha

Momentum's Edge
Unique master. Only usable if you have one or more victory points.
Put this card in play. You may tap this card during your untap phase to gain 1 pool.

Gambit Accepted
Master. Only usable if you have at least 1 victory point. Lose 1 victory point and put this card in play. During your untap phase, move 1 pool from your prey's pool to your pool. If you are ousted, your predator gains an additional victory point. At the end of the game, if you have not been ousted, you gain an additional victory point.

So, just to be sure: I can play Momentum's Edge "anytime", but use it only, if I have at least one VP - right?
And if I have one VP and sacrifice it to play Gambit Accepted, then I won't be able to use a played Momentum's Edge until I have won a new VP - right?

:tore:

Both require you to have 1 VP in order to play them. The "usable" refers to the fact of playing the master, not using it afterwards (otherwise Gambit Accepted would require 2 vps to be tapped and used to steal 1 pool).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 01 Dec 2011 21:09 by Ankha.

More
02 Dec 2011 00:16 #16717 by Juggernaut1981
You would need to play Momentum's Edge BEFORE playing Gambit Accepted.
Both require you to have 1 VP, but Gambit Accepted will make you lose 1VP as you put the card into play.

Once they are in play, you may use the effect of this card any time.
I've been thinking of playing some more of both cards honestly, they seem very useful. Just like Edge of the World... a card I do love for its serious GRUNT but appropriate restrictions.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
02 Dec 2011 04:01 #16725 by KevinM

Momentum's Edge
Gambit Accepted

Really, you should be using Last Stand, so that you can win. These other two cards are very overrated. ;)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
02 Dec 2011 05:39 #16728 by Jeff Kuta
Sounds to me like ME says you can't even use it unless you have 1 VP. If you play ME first, then GA, you can't use the ME unless you get another VP.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
02 Dec 2011 05:50 #16729 by Pascal Bertrand
Ankha is correct.
You need 1 VP to play Momentum's Edge: [LSJ 20090504] .
You can tap Momentum's Edge if you have 0 VPs (because you played Gambit Accepted, for instance) [LSJ 20090504] .

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds