file Rubicon

21 Apr 2015 12:02 #70623 by Whisker
Rubicon was created by Whisker
Hi!
What constitutes being burned by someone for purposes of this card? Is it only diableria, or does combat count?

I mean, can I play Eye of Unforgiving Haven or Dawn Operation with disposable weenie, be dusted in combat and then follow with Rubicon from my fatty titled vampire?

Rubicon

[Action] Action

+1 stealth action. Requires a titled vampire.
(D) Burn a younger non-titled vampire who has burned one of your non-Red List vampires since your last turn.

Artist(s): Juan Antonio Serrano Garcia

Set(s): Promo-20090401

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2015 12:24 #70626 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Rubicon
Since it does not state that your vampire has to be burned by diablerie it can be by other means as well (e.g. Decapitate, Sacrificial Lamb, etc).

Rubicon is one of the worst cards in the game btw. Totally outclassed by other genuinely bad cards like 6th tradition and community justice. Maybe on par with Subdued by the Blood. Of course Crimson Fury beats them all ;)

Crimson Fury
Reaction/Combat
Animalism

[1 Blood]

Only usable when this vampire is being diablerized. Usable by a tapped vampire. Usable by a vampire in torpor.
[ani] The diablerie is canceled and the diablerist burns 1 blood.
[ANI] Burn both the diablerist and this vampire. (The diablerie is still considered successful.)

O dearly bought revenge, yet glorious!
Milton, Samson Agonistes

Artist(s): Durwin Talon

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
21 Apr 2015 13:03 #70627 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Re: Rubicon
What I want to know, if my minion 'accidently' gets burned in combat by playing silly cards like Burst of Sunlight at inferior while empty, is the opposing minion considered to have burned him? I mean he probably did some damage, hands for 1 or something. Or does it need to be dedicated card that states that the opponent (my minion) is burned like decapitate?

More
21 Apr 2015 13:27 #70628 by a-e
Replied by a-e on topic Re: Rubicon
I think that if you're burned because of the aggravated damage that you did yourself, opposing minion ain't considered as the one that burned your vampire.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki

More
21 Apr 2015 17:41 #70636 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Re: Rubicon
To a-e:
What about these three combat cards that use the definion of burning a vampire / minion? Take above 'suicide' situation, 1 agg from burst + 1 hands from opponent, would you still rule that minion wanting to play these cards did not burn his/her opponent?

Would situation change if empty minion uses Zip Gun or Black Glove at close range and opposing minion deals 1 agg by what ever means?

Taking the Skin: Minion

[Action Modifier] Action Modifier
[Combat] Combat

[Abombwe] Abombwe

[abo] [REFLEX] Cancel a frenzy card played on this vampire as it is played.
[abo] Skin. Play when this vampire burns a minion. Put this card on this vampire and untap him or her. This vampire may bleed an additional time this turn and gets +1 bleed and +1 stealth when bleeding. Burn this card during your discard phase. A minion can have only one skin.

Artist(s): Leif Jones

Set(s): EK:R

Soul Stealing

[Combat] Combat

[Necromancy] Necromancy

Only usable when a vampire you control burns a vampire controlled by your prey.
[nec] [ACTION MODIFIER] This vampire gains an amount of blood equal to half of the burned vampire's capacity (round down). Ignore excess blood.
[NEC] [COMBAT] As above, but usable in combat.

Artist(s): Max Shade Fellwalker

Predator's Transformation

[Combat] Combat

[Abombwe] Abombwe

[abo] [REFLEX] Cancel a frenzy card played on this vampire as it is played.
[abo] [ACTION MODIFIER] Only usable as the action is announced. +1 stealth, even if stealth is not yet needed.
[ABO] [ACTION MODIFIER] [COMBAT] Only usable when this vampire burns a minion controlled by your prey, either in combat or as a (D) action. Your prey burns two pool. A vampire may play only one Predator's Transformation at superior each action.

Artist(s): Ken Meyer, Jr.

Set(s): LoB:C

More
21 Apr 2015 19:37 - 21 Apr 2015 19:38 #70642 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Rubicon

What I want to know, if my minion 'accidently' gets burned in combat by playing silly cards like Burst of Sunlight at inferior while empty, is the opposing minion considered to have burned him?

Yes. Even if it's from environmental damage created by the opponent (e.g. my Wolf Companion damage causes you to get burned), or self-inflicted environmental damage, or a card text special.

[LSJ 20050209] (In relation to whether random burnings in combat trigger Red List/Trophies.)

If you're in combat and your opponent burns, you burned your opponent
in combat. Any other meaning is far too messy/ambiguous.

In relation to Rubicon specifically:
[LSJ 20090922]

>>> If Julius bum's rushes say Nana Buruku then plays Mummify as a strike
>>> and burns, can a 9+ cap titled vampire with the same controller as
>>> Julius burn Nana with Rubicon?
>> Yes.
>
> Can you elaborate that one a bit?
> I don't really see why Nana Buruku would be considered to have burned
> Julius.
Nana is the opposing minion.

(It then cites [LSJ 20050209].)
Last edit: 21 Apr 2015 19:38 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whisker

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds