file Deck Mashup - 3rd ed Tzimisce starters!

07 May 2011 02:00 #4220 by LunaSlave
After recently finding out about Atom Weaver's Deck Bashing challenge, I decided to post the deck I recently made out of a couple of 3rd Edition Tzimisce starters that I made when I forgot to bring my cards to the shop. It has performed well so far, and I ended up keeping it together as a result...

Crypt (12 cards)

2 Count Vladimir Rustovitch
2 Duality
1 Elizabeth Westcott
3 Lady Zara Slatikov
1 Laika
2 Radu Bistri
1 Yuri Kerezenski

Library (90 cards)

Masters (13):

4 Blood Doll
2 Fame
2 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1 Club Zombie
1 Library Hunting Ground
1 Powerbase: Barranquilla
1 Festivo dello Estinto
1 Vicissitude

Action (11):

3 Forgery
2 Jack of Both Sides
1 Root of Vitality
5 Rumble

Action Modifier (6):

6 Changeling

Reaction (19):

4 Eagle's Sight
3 Enhanced Senses
6 Forced Awakening
4 Guard Dogs
3 Spirit's Touch

Combat (25):

1 Aura Reading
8 Body Arsenal
2 Breath of the Dragon
1 Canine Horde
2 Drawing Out the Beast
2 Horrid Form
4 Inner Essence
3 Scorpion Sting
2 Starvation of Marena

Ally (3):
2 War Ghoul
1 Neighborhood Watch Commander (Hunter)

Retainers (8):

4 Raven Spy
2 Revenant
2 Wolf Companion

Equipment (1):
1 Local 1111

Combo (4):

4 Plasmic Form

Some notes here, mostly for newer players :) The deck is a pretty straightforward wall...without much forward ousting momentum. Patience is the name of the game here, slow and steady. Fame and Smiling Jack boost your ousting power significantly. Protect Smiling Jack at all costs unless you have a second copy in your hand!

The average capacity of the vampires is high, but you have plenty of untaps to help make up for it.

It's possible to enhance your bleeds, but that's not the focus of your deck. Just block whatever annoys you, and send those annoying vampires to torpor. The aggravated damage should be used more on your prey than your predator, unless they become too threatening, and Eagle's Sight should be used primarily to cripple your prey's minions and prevent them from ousting your grandprey. The deck performs significantly better once it gets a War Ghoul out, so make sure to save up what little stealth the deck has so you don't get blocked on the way to recruiting one if there's any intercept around.

Because this sort of deck bashing is a quick way for new players to build a deck, they will probably eventually wish to consider modifying it with some other cards! Viable candidates include another war Ghoul or two, Trap, and On the Qui Vive in order to get the most out of the Ghouls, Fiendish Tongues instead of Forgery, to add a bit more bleeding power while adding to the overall wall concept.

Chiropteran Marauder or even Carrion Crows could help to refine the combat a little, as could an Ivory Bow and/or Sniper Rifle. Rumble is there more as a threat for whatever minions are bothering you most, rather than a dedicated rush strategy. Pulling Raven Spies out for more Revenants would help tune things up, Heidelberg Castle would allow you to switch them around as needed - and would allow for cutting down on the transient intercept somewhat. Because the high amount of transient intercept can make for hand jam if it's not needed, something like the Barrens or even Fragment of the Book of Nod (since you should have little trouble in protecting it if you really need to, and beside,s every action targeted at the Fragment is an action not targeted at Smiling Jack) could work as well. Guardian Angel is another worthy inclusion.

As for the crypt, more unique minions with AUS and VIC would be a bonus for sure! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2011 15:12 #4237 by Adonai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds