Stockholm, Sweden
04-Oct-2013
80 players
3R+F

Matti Palomäki (FIN) -- 2 GW 7,5 VP -- 1.5 VP

Deck Name: EC 2013 Last Chance Qualifier: White Lily Rush
Author: Matti Palomäki
Description:

Crypt (Capacity min=1 max=8 avg=3.54; 13 cards)
==================================================

5x Anarch Convert 1 Caitiff:ANY
1x Jackson Asher 2 dom Ventrue:4
1x Keith Moody 3 DOM !Tremere:4
1x Lana Butcher 3 dom for Ventrue:3
1x Sandra White 1 Caitiff:3
4x White Lily 8 cel dom for DEM OBF !Malkavian:4

Library (80 cards)
=====================

Master (16 cards)
3x Blood Doll
2x Fame
6x Hand Contract
2x Monster
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Shakar
1x Wash

Action (14 cards)
2x Big Game
3x Blessing of Chaos
3x Bum's Rush
3x Graverobbing
3x Harass

Equipment (10 cards)
5x Assault Rifle
1x Camera Phone
2x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Improvised Flamethrower
1x Ivory Bow

Ally (1 cards)
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Retainer (1 cards)
1x Crypt's Sons

Action Modifier (16 cards)
3x Art of Memory, The
2x Cloak the Gathering
3x Conditioning
4x Forced March
4x Freak Drive

Reaction (9 cards)
5x Deflection
1x Delaying Tactics
2x On the Qui Vive
1x Open Dossier

Combat (11 cards)
7x Diversion
4x Taste of Vitae

Combo (2 cards)
2x Swallowed by the Night

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4a. (Oct 7, 2013 16:13:55)
Last edit: 07 Oct 2013 11:18 by extrala.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2013 14:54 #55381 by Beatrice
I was the one playing the deck listed above:
Deck Name: Syyslilja
Description: EC 2013 Last Chance Qualifier: White Lily Rush

Someone was wondering out loud about how a deck like mine got to the finals of a biggish tournament, so I figure a report might be of interest for some.
Here it is. :)

The first game was really fast. My caitiff prince prey started to collapse the table with a First Tradition already on round three. I rose to the challenge and by round five he had no more ready titled vampires. My prey's prey, having thus been saved, promptly took two ousts from the weakened table with her lasombra. In the three-way she had one full round to try and oust me, too, but I had the Deflections to survive. Come my turn I took my oust and torporized all her minions. 3 VPs for me.

The second game I had my favourite kind of prey: She could only go forwards. Her prey was scary voter, so I let her be and just exchanged blows with my predator. When it was time to step in I failed to stop my prey and she took her oust. My predator died to his predator too so we were in a threeway. I think after that I was in a losing position against two well set up players, but the game timed out before any more ousts. ½ a VP for me.

In the third game my prey's Arika took an oust on fifth round before I had a change to try and stop her. I had some nervous moments with my weenie presence predator before he was under control. My surviving cross table buddy had tooled-up, intimidating Dimitra sitting on a ton of pool, so I let Arika live and do her thing - after removing his friend Le Din Tho to be on the safe side. Arika did good job weakening Dimitra before getting torporized, at which point I graverobbed her and started on my oust. There was an adrealine-filled moment when Dimitra rushed Lily across the table, but the combat ended with both fighters still standing. Then I had Pentex for Dimitra and torporized everyone else. 4 VPs for me.

The final table had four fighty decks so the top seed, Otso, had no good seat for his AUS-weenies. He chose to sit behind the Rock Cats, eliminating one source of violence by blocking the recruitment actions. The final had me bleeding Goratrix (sans Goratrix) bleeding !salubri sticks bleeding AUS weenies bleeding Rock Cats bleeding me.
As my predator Marko didn't get to do his thing with the Rock Cats I got no pressure from behind me. I was not in a hurry to go forwards either, so for a good part of the game I just hanged about not doing much.
Otso had interesting moments with his predator's burning walking sticks before eventually getting some guns to stabilize. At that point my prey Ville was down on pool so I tried for a quick oust with Fame, but playing a wallish deck he could choose who I got to fight and thus survived with his two remaining minions to take an oust from the !sal instead. This I didn't really mind as the melee fighters had just completed their usefulness against Otso's weenies.
Ville was safeish on pool again and Otso was really strong, so we pretty much played against Otso's AUS weenies as a team at that point, Marko by surviving as his prey, Ville by blocking his actions as his predator and me by taking cross table actions like killing Ossian, stealing Montreal and propping up Marko.
I took Ville out when there was less than 15 minutes left and it looked like Otso might be in position to oust soonish. By this time I had Monster so I could kill both of Ville's remaining minions in one go to ensure the oust.
Then the game came down to removing Otso's weenies from the ready region fast enough to stop him from ousting Marko. This I just managed, despite paying embarassingly little attention to the details of what I was doing. In the process Otso was left with no anarch and little pool so he got ousted by his own Revolts.
Now Marko was finally unleashed and he got a Rock Cat out, to survive at one pool as time ran out before his turn ended. :)
2 & ½ VPs for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka, Squidalot, extrala, Drugo, Jussi, Stefan, PetriWessman, dude_PL, Khalid1988, Ke., dessu, Charos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds