file On how I hate Rego Motus

28 Mar 2012 09:54 - 28 Mar 2012 09:55 #26705 by Reyda
Hi gentlement.
Delende Rego motus

There is a card that represents the epitome of Lazy Deckbuilding.
It's called Rego motus. ( www.lotusnoir.info/vampire/cartes/rego-motus/ for img+card text)

Basically the card says " F*** you, I prevent 4 damage while i Suck 2 blood out of you or inflict 3 unpreventable"

How this card can be bad ? Well, there was a time where you had to use your brain a little and build carefully tinkered decks.
You played some hand-picked thaumaturgists with fortitude, or celerity, or any other discipline that could provide some advantage in combat, because most of the times Thauma is strong except against other fighters who can smack you with 4 or 5 damage and dunk you to torpor, or just disarm you after you stole some blood. Not anymore !

So now, why bother ? I take the big fat Tremere intercept deck that already works, I put some rego motus and voilà, the recipe for lazy deckbuilding is complete.
What the game needs now is a card that trumps combat for obfuscate, so when a player wastes all his intercept in a desperate attempt to block your stealthy bleeds, you end combat anyway. That would be cool... Oh wait ?

Delende Rego Motus,
good bye gentlemen.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 28 Mar 2012 09:55 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2012 10:35 #26709 by Lönkka
Two words:
Environmental damage

Also "inflict 3 unpreventable" should be "inflict 3 unpreventable with fortitude", n'est–ce pas?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Mar 2012 11:18 #26714 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: On how I hate Rego Motus
Rego Motus is only good (well, more like decent) against non-committed combat like Stick + Vitals or really bad combat like Taste of Death, aggra-poke or Thrown Junk. Any real combat module will answer it card for card or better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
28 Mar 2012 11:50 #26717 by Chaitan
It is also fairly weak against additional strike combat.

Combat brujah/guns toreador will cripple it hard.

Consider .44 Magnum+blur vs Theft+Rego Motus:
6 damage dealt and 3 lost vs 2 damage dealt and 5 lost (assuming the tremere can gain the blood from theft).

More
28 Mar 2012 12:03 #26719 by Klaital
Tbh its not even really that good against dedicated flung junk decks that generally uses quite liberal amounts of stackable Increased Strengths. About only things it IS good against is agg poke (either claws or one of the numerous ways to do 1-2 ranged agg), and discplineless combat (sticks and vitals etc).

Although tbh, Chaitan's math is a bit off. It should be 2 damage dealth and 3 lost for the tremere if he wasn't full to start with (preventing the first 2 with rego motus, blood stolen with theft effectively negating the second, and then losing the 2 from the last strike + the cost of rego motus).

More
28 Mar 2012 12:23 #26720 by Chaitan

Tbh its not even really that good against dedicated flung junk decks that generally uses quite liberal amounts of stackable Increased Strengths. About only things it IS good against is agg poke (either claws or one of the numerous ways to do 1-2 ranged agg), and discplineless combat (sticks and vitals etc).

Although tbh, Chaitan's math is a bit off. It should be 2 damage dealth and 3 lost for the tremere if he wasn't full to start with (preventing the first 2 with rego motus, blood stolen with theft effectively negating the second, and then losing the 2 from the last strike + the cost of rego motus).

True. That's what I get for "only" double checking the math. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds