file Rutor's to Burn

27 Jul 2012 20:33 #33877 by Miasmat
Rutor's to Burn was created by Miasmat
So, I was looking closely at Rutor's Hand today, and noticed that you could play it at basic to send your vamp to torpor and empty. This is halfway to a useful effect for a Turbo deck. Now, if you can make the vamp take 1 more damage during the action, that's enough to burn him.

So, my challenge to you is:
1) How can a vamp take 1 more damage during the action, preferably only using :tha:?
2) What useful side effect can you cause during the Rutor's Hand action?
3) Is there anything you need to spend blood on to get down to 1 blood before the Rutor's Hand action that you can do to help recoup some of the cost of the vampire?

I see Jacob, The Glitch as an obvious choice for the goober to cycle, since his special can activate a Soul Gem. But, I'm also ok with spending a pool or 3 on some other little goober for a "slow" Turbo without a Soul Gem, if the side effect is strong enough.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2012 22:20 - 27 Jul 2012 22:22 #33879 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Rutor's to Burn
If it were a Kiasyd with Thaumaturgy, you could use The Grandest Trick to burn 2 blood.

If it were a Ravnos with Thaumaturgy, you could use Mantle of the Moon to burn 4 blood.

If it were an Anarch with Thaumaturgy, you could use Monkey Wrench to burn 1-3 blood.

If it were a Sabbat vampire with a capacity above 7 and with Thaumaturgy, you could use Notorious Brutality to burn 1 blood.

If it were a Laibon with Thaumaturgy, you could use Strange Day to burn 2 blood, or Those Who Endure Judge to burn 1 blood.

If it were a Malkavian with Thaumaturgy, you could use Walk through Arcadia to burn 1 blood.

etc.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 27 Jul 2012 22:22 by KevinM.

More
27 Jul 2012 23:01 #33880 by Miasmat
Replied by Miasmat on topic Re: Rutor's to Burn
Right, but burning the blood isn't a problem. I only mentioned it as a reminder that your fresh vamp will be full of delicious blood that you can use along the way to burning. You could Villein most of it off if you really don't need it.

The challenge is really in #1 and #2 - take 1 more damage and do something useful while getting Rutor's Hand.

More
28 Jul 2012 03:20 #33883 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Rutor's to Burn
Daring the Dawn?

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
28 Jul 2012 17:41 - 28 Jul 2012 17:59 #33899 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Rutor's to Burn
I always thiught turbo involved bleeding for a lot with daring the dawn or bringing out your crypt faster than usual with someone like the Baron.

@Direwolf- DtD is what I thought about. I think Miasmat is assuming you do not have fortitude. I think this because why would you burn using anything besides daring the dawn (and possibly combined with force of will) if you have fortitude?

@ Miasmat- doesn't taking an action in a turbo deck need to be productive, beyond just burning your vamp? I don't know if there are any action modifiers or vamp abilities that would give you a significant enough benefit (and deals a damge to you) for taking a successful undirected action that will burn you. In the words of Charles Barkley, "I could be wrong, but I doubt it." (I'm sure people will let me know if I am wrong.)
Last edit: 28 Jul 2012 17:59 by TorranceCircle.

More
28 Jul 2012 18:09 #33900 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: Rutor's to Burn

@ Miasmat- doesn't taking an action in a turbo deck need to be productive, beyond just burning your vamp? I don't know if there are any action modifiers or vamp abilities that would give you a significant enough benefit (and deals a damge to you) for taking a successful undirected action that will burn you. In the words of Charles Barkley, "I could be wrong, but I doubt it." (I'm sure people will let me know if I am wrong)

1) Fill your ash heap with corpses
2) Mark of the Damned x4
3) Enjoy your GW2

Don't laugh: I have heard rumors of tupdogs being played like that.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds