file Monocle of Clarity

28 Mar 2013 08:04 #46333 by diablerist
Please, someone, for the love of christ explaine to me.....

This card does absolutely nothing from what I can glean. Why the hell was it reprinted? Since the answer given to the question is not binding, the question, answer and the card itself are worth about as much as seven day old piss in a cup with a hole in it. How the hell can it be used with any effectiveness that would explain taking up a card slot or be useful in even the most basic sense?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2013 08:17 #46335 by Boris The Blade
Please quote card texts:

Monocle of Clarity

Equipment

Unique equipment.
During your untap phase, if bearer is ready, you can ask any Methuselah a yes-or-no question pertaining to the game. He or she must answer yes or no truthfully. If the question pertains to the future, the answer is not binding.

That clause was added to prevent people from breaking the game by using the monocle to ask "what will be your answer to my next question?" The monocle can still be used to ask someone about his current hand.

More
28 Mar 2013 08:22 #46337 by Pascal Bertrand

Please, someone, for the love of christ explaine to me.....

This card does absolutely nothing from what I can glean. Why the hell was it reprinted? Since the answer given to the question is not binding, the question, answer and the card itself are worth about as much as seven day old piss in a cup with a hole in it. How the hell can it be used with any effectiveness that would explain taking up a card slot or be useful in even the most basic sense?

"Do you have a Deflection in your hand?" is not a questiong pertaining to the future. Henceforth, the answer to it must be truthfull.

More
28 Mar 2013 09:24 #46338 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: Monocle of Clarity
As stated, the card is very useful if you use the right questions...

Do you have a deflection in your hand?
No
Bleed for x...
Redirection...

Do you have one or more cards named Archon Investigation in your hand?
Do you have a card that allows you to redirect a bleed to other Methuselah?

Etc, etc etc...

More
28 Mar 2013 11:11 #46341 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Monocle of Clarity
Say I have Aksinya Daclau.

If asked if I have a card that allows me to redirect a bleed to another Methuselah (and I have a Master card in hand), must I say "yes"?

Name: Aksinya Daclau

[Third:V]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Gangrel antitribu
Group: 4
Capacity: 9
Discipline: cel tha ANI FOR PRE PRO
Sabbat: Once each turn during a bleed against you, if Aksinya is ready and untapped, you may discard a master card from your hand to redirect the bleed to any other Methuselah.
Artist: Abrar Ajmal

More
28 Mar 2013 11:45 - 28 Mar 2013 11:45 #46342 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Monocle of Clarity

Say I have Aksinya Daclau.

If asked if I have a card that allows me to redirect a bleed to another Methuselah (and I have a Master card in hand), must I say "yes"?

When asked, LSJ said that both players must agree on the meaning of the question.
So if you both consider that a master card fulfills the requirements of your question, the answer is "yes".

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 28 Mar 2013 11:45 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds