file Meta-Shift: How about "Capacity Limits Bleed Maximum"?

07 Aug 2018 12:38 #89758 by Azel
:silly: 'sup, it's been ages my people. I see that VTES is truly undead, rising from torpor for a second time with DTRPG POD Cards. Have had friends wistfully recall good times about VTES, wanting to retry it and have me (our group's Mr. Suitcase) construct some decks.

But i'm not feeling it. Not interested in refighting a stagnant meta. And as much as POD shinies beckon, I have little reason beyond nostalgia to return. Perhaps I am in my own torpor! :P

Anyhoo, expecting little to nothing having changed, I am curious about the whole, "How to Make Basic Dominate Not Overwhelm the Metagame?" We've done a few chit chats about bans, erratas, card designs like democratize bounce, 4card limits, etc. on this forum & others over the decades. But I want to resurrect an old idea and see how it floats today:

What if we had vampire capacity be its bleed maximum (any overage is ignored)?

This being a very stagnant & calcified CCG community, I am sure this is naturally as offensive as shooting your wife and kissing your dog. But let's see where this digression might take us these modern nights! Explain to me its horrific folly nowadays... :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DJHedgehog, LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2018 12:51 #89760 by Lech
Sound like good idea for event, perhaps even one that help you and is ez to cycle.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
07 Aug 2018 12:57 #89762 by DJHedgehog

I like this idea. It gives power to larger vampires who desperately need it, and it limits the power of swarm decks.

There are probably some unforeseen consequences of this change that I'm not considering.

More
07 Aug 2018 18:06 #89781 by ReverendRevolver
You can house rule anything you want, but.....

Metagames aren't defined by who's dominate bleed deck kills the fastest, but by how good decks defeat one another.
AI is a way to remove overdone blenders, Anu can make bleeds of 3 become AI targets.
You seldom worry over them with strong walls, especially ones that bounce.
You can parity shift aggressive predators who make you always able to target them.
I prefer blocking my predator and rushing my prey, but you can go other ways. There's always the tremere precognition+burst of sunlight then graverob fun.

Bounce is unstoppable via touch of clarity and hide the mind, and frankly the pieces of kindred spirits bleed that AREN'T in the KoT reprint bundle are quite readily available, since the reprints net crypt and ToC. I think narrow minds taxes them heavily too.

Spirit marionette decks use Dom bleeders left untapped to bounce to their own ends.

Basically, what is the biggest issue for you to want to play again? Dominate is good, but I'm limited to only having X decks together due to limited copies of eyes of argus and deep song, and :aus: and :ani: are rather strong.

Between LK and HttB you can probably build !salubri to cripple most midby dominate bleed decks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
08 Aug 2018 07:36 #89792 by TapeTaChatte

To be frank, in top tournaments, I don't think I have seen any vampire not respect that that I can think about, there are occasionnally some weenie bleed decks with weenie dem and weenie dom, but they are not dominating as you seem to think they are.

So for me, it would pretty much not change anything

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
08 Aug 2018 09:13 #89794 by Lönkka

So for me, it would pretty much not change anything

Except add yet another rule for already a complicated game.

I agree with you, it wouldn't change much anything results-wise so why do it? To wreck some archetypes?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds