file Game report 3/23/14 San Jose, CA

26 Mar 2014 00:45 #60315 by brandonsantacruz
Game 1
Ian Lee (Malks with for)> Me (ventrue B&B)> Eric (Muricia)> Andy (Nana's video collection)

This was a very bad match-up for me. Two animalism decks and one Personal Scourge deck (Ian). Eric hurt Emerson Bridges early and then Ian played Sleep of Reason on him for the nutpunch to torpor. Tim Crowley came up for some vote defense. No rescues from Andy, he was busy getting incriminating video tapes of Ian's Anatole and Jason, the World's Voice. Once he had sufficiently blackmailed Ian's minions, Andy bled and passed around the tapes via Heidelberg. Eric feared Andy's combat and my offense, so he stayed on defense.

My Scourge of the Enochians blew up Ian's Anarch COnvert, limiting Andy's ability to dump one of his dudes' Malkavian's Dementia (not my plan). Andy moved it to his own Bamba, who burned next. I Pentex Ian's Anatole with an Ivory bow. Eric blows it up, so I parity shift him and then oust him. I use Anarch Troublemaker to oust Andy and Ian concedes.

Key play of the game: Tim Crowley bleeds and is blocked. I play Dawn Operation and zip Eric's minion after he maneuvers with my zippy zip gun. I prevent with Hidden Strength and then bled him out.

Game 2
Andy (Modified Toreador Starter)> Me (Lasombra featuring !Ventrue)> Ian (Jyhad ventrue featuring Dr Jest)> Eric (Bad Santatelous)

Andy gets Katelin N. early, who screws with my ability to pass votes. She gets Praxis Siezure, cancelling Ambrosio's three votes. Eric declines to bad santa Andy's Rack, giving him unlimited blood. I draw no early Governs, meaning I pay full price for Gratiano, too. Ian screws around with making Eric randomly discard cards with Dr Jest and bleeds for one a few times. He is generally not a problem except for bouncing.

Eric misplays Villein, leaving Santa at exactly three. He declines to Santa other things because he doesn't want Santa to hunt. He next misplays DI and Serena, the White's ability by DIing (just kidding after the fact) a suppressing fire and not reducing bleeds.

I over-influence, leaving myself at four pool. I try to choke Andy on supressing fire by not blocking, but he plays Aire of Elation for the oust. Hey, that's too good for the starter!

Eric does his usual "this game sucks I give up," but I actually successfully convince him to play the game to the end. Despite great effort (if not his best) Eric gets 2vps for a tie.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2014 02:01 #60317 by ReverendRevolver
As a huge fan of Anatolr decks, g1 sounds all kinds of rough on Ian.

Both games seem to have had interesting decks in them though.

Interesting reports.

More
26 Mar 2014 13:10 #60338 by brandonsantacruz
Ian likes a challenge. It was interesting to see two venture decks using different ways to oust (b & b vs stealth). I liked the bruise bleed version better, which is why I made it. Pay for blocking me!

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
26 Mar 2014 14:51 #60342 by ReverendRevolver
Thats something i adapted to ventrue from wall decks....

If i ran 8 or more second trads, having sticks or guns in some number was a solid idea. Then, when acting with the armed minion, theres added incentive to let some actions go.

There was the ventrue/getting blocked thread a short time ago, and i have seen combat consequences get thier actions through a decent amount.

Also, bruise n bleeds more fun most of the time.

More
26 Mar 2014 20:35 #60353 by KevinM
Brandon, please post this where is goes next time, in Event Reports.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

More
26 Mar 2014 20:41 #60354 by Brum

Thats something i adapted to ventrue from wall decks....

If i ran 8 or more second trads, having sticks or guns in some number was a solid idea. Then, when acting with the armed minion, theres added incentive to let some actions go.

There was the ventrue/getting blocked thread a short time ago, and i have seen combat consequences get thier actions through a decent amount.

Also, bruise n bleeds more fun most of the time.

True Ventrue Grinder is awesome.
At least most vampires have all the disciplines at superior.
Not counting the best one: Prince. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala, Pascek

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds